• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

It's been far too long but I figured I'd vent here

xtremehardy388

Oakley Beginner
A, A
Hello.

I've been a member for a long time but I haven't posted much---just read other posts. I figured I'd come here to vent...

I recently sent a few watches in to be repaired and was far from satisfied with my experience. My D2 needed a new "catch" for the band. Since the watch is discontinued, they would have to replace the whole band. The price was a little high but I was willing to pay. My Crush 2.0 just needed a new battery and, while $20 is high, I figured I'd go along. However, my GMT movement is broken and they cannot replace it (since it has been discontinued). This alone is upsetting because the watch was so expensive. Oakley prides itself on quality yet when something breaks, they fail to stand behind it. Going a bit further,. they offered me credit towards a newer watch (more on that in a minute). My Crankcase has a broken clasp and it would be close to $150 to fix the clasp. That's awfully high for changing out one link. I asked if the credit could go towards the new clasp and just cover that (the credit was $247 so they'd be making money on that) and they refused. The sales rep was far from polite so I just had him ship everything back AS IS. If paid a lot of money for these time pieces and I'm disappointed to see the company backtracking on the quality of their product. If anyone is interested in purchasing these watches, just shoot me a PM. If nothing else, some can be used as extra parts or display pieces. I hate to see these go (especially since some were gifts) but I have no use for them if I cannot wear them. Maybe someone else can get use out of them.

You do realize those time pieces are some what out dated and the parts would have to be specially ordered from Switzerland if they are even available. I know it's a burden on the consumer but you can't fault the company for running out of parts for items that have been discontinued for some time now. I'm not trying to start a fight or antagonize you just trying to point out that they aren't necessarily to blame. I will say though that they most of the time will bend over backwards to help. As far as your crankcase is concerned, are you looking for the clasp or a link, because you stated clasp earlier then link later, if it's a link I may be able to help you out on that.

That is unfortunate to hear but not all that unexpected. Oakley is not seen as a legitimate watch manufacturer, and not many would say they put out heirloom grade pieces that would need to be kept running long after discontinuation. They are an eyewear manufacture that just so happens to have watches as part of their product mix. They are not Rolex or Omega or IWC where they can provide most replacement parts for the next 50 years.

Now, parts for the movement may be available since it's unlikely to be an exclusive movement and may have been used in many other watches. Find out what the movement is and see if I watch repair shop can help you out.

As for the high prices, that is just standard watch industry practice. Pretty much most brands will charge you through the gills for replacement parts. I hate it as well, but they really do have us by the balls and take advantage of that.

Last edited:
Your inbox is full I can't pm , if you can contact me at 1-830-765-1131 that's my cell in USA

Back