• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I've never seen this kind of serial

I've seen plenty of Plasma frames with the "w" warranty serial, never any other color. Anyone ever seen an xmetal finish or carbon or polished with a W serial?
Only seen plasma with W serials too. As there was never a tungsten finish, have to think that W for warranty is correct. Maybe if you sent a pair in for replacement, you just got plasma, like it or not...

Only seen plasma with W serials too. As there was never a tungsten finish, have to think that W for warranty is correct. Maybe if you sent a pair in for replacement, you just got plasma, like it or not...
Could it possibly have to do with the premature aging of the early plasmas? Maybe they had a slew of people complaining about discoloration or uneven wear or something along those lines and created a warranty batch to cover the replacements. None of that is based on any fact of course, I just came up with that theory. Obviously these are 2nd gen plasma which pretty well ironed out the kinks from the initial release.

Warranty pairs get the antique look eventually I believe also, I just got a pair that look amazing, almost bronze like.
Are they all A serial plasmas? Or are there examples of 1st gen plasma W frames?

Back