• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"J" ... The New REAL Oakley?

Hehe...right but not really out of Biz! We believe most xmetal lover won't throw their beloved collection just for j shades! At least we won't because our items have keep them alive (add value) & will do.

... remember xmetal are made to last for our lifetime, even continuing to our children's!
Aeronautical & mechanical design, love them :cool-20:

As this lingers, I'm kinda doubting it's anything eyewear related (unless I missed something in this thread). I can agree with the possibility that he's motivated to involve the cut staff, particularly those with engineering, design, and financial backgrounds and expertise. Whatever it is, he always seems driven to not only to deliver a product, but establish a brand (as he did with O and Red). That being said, I just don't think there's much motivation to try and revisit the same accomplishment in eyewear. I wouldn't be surprised if eyewear is just "been there, done that" to him now, because he literally has done so. It would be cool, but I'm not counting on it.

JJ is often described as innovative and that does hold true, but how I see it is, he never tries to invent something brand new, he tries to invent solutions to something that already exists.

The pitch in OP rubs off like he's going to put out a very competitive form of technology — possibly something not intended for regular consumers but again an industrial scale. Maybe this time, it's something that is directly interfacing with regular consumers, though. Not like RED where essentially the public sees the output of the product, but rather interfaces with the product.

However, timing is interesting.... Could he have signed a 10 year no compete? Who knows. All speculation of spectacles.
That was my first thought!

Regarding selling off stuff. There is a lot of Oakley stuff that were JJ's creation so why get rid of it. A bit like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

It is definitely an intesting time. But from the little I have got to know about JJ he is probably more motivated by new projects than re-visiting what he has accomplished already. I look forward to seeing his new venture!

Didn't know about RED. Pretty cool stuff! Nice job Jim. I planned to shoot a short film with Nikon Digital. Red looks like quite a machine.

Last edited:
I definitely don't think it's sunglasses again because he stated it is the single most important thing he's ever done .thats a pretty Monumental statement from a man who's come up with things like Oakley and red camera.

Back