• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jade Iridium Polarized Lenses Transmission

lafountain

Oakley Beginner
Maryland
I am wondering about something.

Oakley's website shows the Jade Iridium at 17% transmission, but when I go to the polarized section and click on Jade Iridium Polarized there is no information.

Does anyone know the numbers for the Polarized version of Jade Iridium?

Good question - they're not in the o-review lens database, either, nor any other list I can find.

Polar will reduce the light trans %, though - I've seen variations between regular and polar versions of the same tint from 1% - 12% less. And the lowest Oakley lens trans % available (AFAIK) is 9%. So a safe bet would be anywhere from 9% - 16%. If I had to make a SWAG I'd guess 12%. But I don't really know.

For what it's worth, I have those lenses in my flak jackets and if I had to take a guess I'd say 14-16%. All of my other lenses are way darker (gold iridium polar, black iridium polar, ice iridium, dark bronze). I prefer the jade iridium polar's for cloudy to partly sunny days, or hiking in the woods.

Was looking at other lenses, VR28 Gold Iridium is also 17% like Jade Iridium. VR28 Gold Iridium Polarized is 11%. Not saying Jade Iridium Polarized converts the same, but it is a number for comparison.

Though I don't have any VR28 Golds to actually compare the lenses.

Jade Iridium description on the Oakley Sunglasses Lens Tint Guide (EVO website):

Neutral Lens tint for truer color perception. Features an Iridium® coating to reduce glare. Excellent in hot, sunny conditions.
Light Transmission: 17%
Conditions: Medium to bright light
Protection Index: 3
Neutral

Those stats are for the non-polar version. The question in the OP is about the polarized version. Should have the same stats except for a slightly lower light trans %; how much lower we can only speculate, lacking info from Oakley,

Latest Posts

Back