• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jannard Collection...

I remember the first time I saw a X metal it was on eBay I stumbled across them looking for omatter. I didn't know anything about them. It was Juliet . I started looking at Juliets because there were different color's and arms I thought they were the Xmetal line, I thought damn that is a lot of money for sunglasses and why are some more costly then others. I thought to rich for my blood .. I then came to Ofourm and discovered there were more X metals besides Juliets. I bought my first pair off a member here it was Ducati Juliet first gen with crap Lenes in need of a tuneup.the rubbers were crap too.. that came with a X vault for 210. I had to mail a money order out for it. A member on here asked If I needed a box coin for it and also had red rubbers in a bit better shape for it . He sent the items to me for free and he even covered the shipping for them too.. I bought custom OO postive lense for my ducati's. I was hooked after a while. I started hunting for them. I now have over 30 pairs of Xmetals.
Hoard thats what you are :p

Last edited:
The trademark "Jannard" was put up for opposition on March 28, 2017... It's claimed category? G&S: Watches.

The design trademark for the below stylized M is dead, but was for an eyewear company.

ImageAgentProxy?getImage=86868962.jpg

Not sure if Jim still periodically looks at this discussion, but if he does I would like to share my gratitude and appreciation for his work. I'm relatively new to the forum, but have been addicted to Oakley since the mid 90's. What drew me to the brand was the art and sofistication of the eye Jacket 1.0, the A and E wires, the FMJ's and the early x-metal series ie. Penny, Juliet etc. Thanks again Jim, good luck with RED and I share your views surrounding Lux. Hope you stick around the forum and share your knowledge and wisdom.

@jim jannard Know this is an old thread & not sure if you still check in much, but just wanted to say to man himself that your story of creating Oakley is truly an inspirational one. I've been a fan since I got my first pair freshman year in high school. Ever since then Oakley has always stood above the rest of eyewear brands to me. I still wish you were behind the reigns of oakley & product design but changes happen, if we all agree or not I personally still respect you the same as before. I dislike the way Luc handles their buisness but they aren't the only ones guilty. I probably would have done the same thing if I was that position. Either way Oakley & your work/designs will continue to live on. Still need a pair of X-Metals, wish I grabbed a pair back in the day when they were more common. Best wishes on your current & future ventures.

Hi Mr. J I hope you're doing well with your new endeavors. I to share your opinions on where Oakley is going. I know some may fault you for selling, I don't I am a capitalist and I understand the situation at the time, it was a great offer and you were being pinched. Lux is building a monopoly very quietly. I wish you could have stuck around for the internet sales explosion that has happened and you would have had no problem getting your gear to market but no one could have predicted the online shopping of today back then. I would love to see you buy it back, but right now not even you could afford it and Lux sure as hell wouldn't sell anyway. I wish you would start up another sunglass and clothing line, but I'm guessing in the contract with Lux you signed there is probably language forbidding it. Anyway, I appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears you put in to putting out such a great product for us, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Back