• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Japanese Anime

ive been an anime collector since 1999 myself I will post some of my collection here soon. But hey cowboy bebop is coming out on bluray this year so im getting that no problemo. Attack on titan definitely worth watching so check that one out.

Cowboy Bebop for the epic win.

On the other side of that coin, I liked Trigun too.
Boy do I feel like a dinosaur.

So trawling through my spreadsheet yields up a couple of suggestions that aren't too obvious:

5 Centimetres per Second (my favourite Makoto Shinkai film to date)
Bakemonogatari (ahead of the various -monogatari sequels)
Berserk
Black Lagoon & Second Barrage
Clannad (slice of life, rather than action, but is emotionally brutal in late parts of After Story)
Durarara
Eden of the East
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (yeah, maybe a bit obvious, but see it even if you've seen the earlier anime adaptation)
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex (probably prefer GitS SAC to the films)
Gungrave
Mobile Suit Gundam (pick one, I quite like Seed, many don't. Don't mind OO either)
Mushi-shi
Neon Genesis Evangelion (whichever version you can lay your hands on)
Paprika (Satoshi Kon died too young :( )
Perfect Blue (two entries beginning 'P' for Kon)
Steins;Gate
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (but not the second season, stupid Endless Eight)
xxxHolic (if you can stomach Clamp character designs)

And literally anything by Studio Ghibli. Though Grave of the Fireflies is probably a match for Clannad as regards emotional brutality.

Nice list you got there carera most i have. I cant stand grave of firefl8es its just too darn depressing i only watched it once and never again lol.

So trawling through my spreadsheet yields up a couple of suggestions that aren't too obvious:

5 Centimetres per Second (my favourite Makoto Shinkai film to date)
Bakemonogatari (ahead of the various -monogatari sequels)
Berserk
Black Lagoon & Second Barrage
Clannad (slice of life, rather than action, but is emotionally brutal in late parts of After Story)
Durarara
Eden of the East
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (yeah, maybe a bit obvious, but see it even if you've seen the earlier anime adaptation)
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex (probably prefer GitS SAC to the films)
Gungrave
Mobile Suit Gundam (pick one, I quite like Seed, many don't. Don't mind OO either)
Mushi-shi
Neon Genesis Evangelion (whichever version you can lay your hands on)
Paprika (Satoshi Kon died too young :( )
Perfect Blue (two entries beginning 'P' for Kon)
Steins;Gate
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (but not the second season, stupid Endless Eight)
xxxHolic (if you can stomach Clamp character designs)

And literally anything by Studio Ghibli. Though Grave of the Fireflies is probably a match for Clannad as regards emotional brutality.
So far i have multiple recommends on berserk and steins gate. And clannad i think. I was going to try code gess next but berserk and steins are givivg that a run for its money.

I liked Code Geass but it didn't make the short list. I went for xxxHolic as the representative of Clamp design instead.

Anybody seen eureka 7 i have it on bluray have not gotten a chance to see it as well as golgo13 on bluray.

Back