• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Japanese Anime

Nice list you got there carera most i have. I cant stand grave of firefl8es its just too darn depressing i only watched it once and never again lol.
Thanks, it was a shortlist from the 700+ anime DVDs and BDs I have, with the intention not to have some obvious suggestions in there - although there ended up being a few fairly standard in the list.

I like Grave of the Fireflies but you're right, it's perhaps the most remorsely depressing piece of media I've ever seen. It's a good rebuff for the "all cartoons are for kids" argument though.

Thanks, it was a shortlist from the 700+ anime DVDs and BDs I have, with the intention not to have some obvious suggestions in there - although there ended up being a few fairly standard in the list.

I like Grave of the Fireflies but you're right, it's perhaps the most remorsely depressing piece of media I've ever seen. It's a good rebuff for the "all cartoons are for kids" argument though.
I think akira threw that arguement out the door long ago.

Anybody seen eureka 7 i have it on bluray have not gotten a chance to see it as well as golgo13 on bluray.
Yeah, I quite like it, once you get past some of the impenetrable gobbledygook! Didn't go much on the film as it took all sorts of liberties with the story and I didn't feel the sequel series lived up to the first.

Yeah, I quite like it, once you get past some of the impenetrable gobbledygook! Didn't go much on the film as it took all sorts of liberties with the story and I didn't feel the sequel series lived up to the first.
I forgot or didnt know there was a sequel.

Darn you have a lot i too i think have that much i stopped counting i even have the first release full metal.alchemist tin cans 3 released and blurays as well also the tincan release of trigun from pioneer those are extinct now also the ghost in the shells limited tin cans.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean, or AO - couple of years old now. By no means essential, even if you liked Eureka Seven.

Darn you have a lot i too i think have that much i stopped counting i even have the first release full metal.alchemist tin cans 3 released and blurays as well also the tincan release of trigun from pioneer those are extinct now also the ghost in the shells limited tin cans.
If they weren't all entered in a spreadsheet, I would have stopped counting too!

Owe damn i forgot another good series that should be released on bluray LAST EXILE damn it.

Post a pic bro of your collection that be great.
They're scattered around the place, and many are stuck away in boxes so that's not entirely practical I'm afraid:

fYQkyn.jpg

I need a bigger library!

Have you seen that Last Exile has a sequel series too, Fam the Silver Wing? Not got round to watching it yet, but I liked the original series.

Latest Posts

Back