• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone Icon Replacement

jrd5497

Oakley Expert
TN
Can the O icon on the Jawbone (not Racing Jacket, I know those can be swapped pretty easily) be replaced easily if it has fallen off? If so, how? Is it an expensive fix?

A friend of mine is trying to sell me his, but one of the icons came off.

Can the O icon on the Jawbone (not Racing Jacket, I know those can be swapped pretty easily) be replaced easily if it has fallen off? If so, how? Is it an expensive fix?

A friend of mine is trying to sell me his, but one of the icons came off.

They come off like any other non-swappable icon. Hot water and a pointy tool to peel them up.

The hardest part will be finding the replacement you want, but between Ebay, Oakster and the list of interchangeable icons you should find something that will work.

I'm no help with Jawbone icons.

There is an eBay guy in Italy that sells them. I think it's called Ottica Malet or something like that.

Jawbone, split jacket, radar, half x share the same icons..... So if you find a beater pair you can use them

Also there is another US seller that has them too. Seller: queenofallstarz

I just discovered something pretty cool about icon removal while I was swapping earsocks on a Jawbone. Instead of putting the earstem in hot water to remove the icon, you can simply put them in a cup of cold water with mild dishwashing liquid. 30 seconds later, the icons pop out just was well as with the hot water method. There must be something in the dishwashing liquid that helps loosen the double stick tape, because I didn't get as good results when I tried using just cold water.

Back