1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. marvs01

marvs01 Oakley Beginner

Hi Guys,

Im little worried about my jawbone icon. I do use may jawbone almost every day and mostly soaked to sweat during my training ride. I do clean it with warm water at mild soap almost every week or two. im just little worried since the frame always get wet with water everytime i clean it , will the adhesive of its icon will eventually hold off or soften becuase of water? Thank you guys!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

I have never had any of my Icons come loose from my frames even after swapping them over & using the original tape that was on the Icons. I doubt whether warm water would have any effect on the adhisive quality of the tape.

3. marvs01

marvs01 Oakley Beginner

Thanks Oakley_sight! Do they use like a double adhesive tape?

4. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

I have never experienced any of the icons falling off. I wash my frames almost every week especially those with unobtanium rubbers.

5. marvs01

marvs01 Oakley Beginner

thank you gene!

6. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

If I have to restick or need to replace the tape on an Icon I have some very thin double sided tape that I got from an artshop. I usually warm the tape & the Icon up with a heatgun before applying the new tape then use a very sharp stanley knife to cut off the excess. Never failed with that yet. I then heat up the new tape on the Icon to help the adhisive become more sticky before allying the Icon to the frame

7. marvs01

marvs01 Oakley Beginner

That's very helpful Oakley_sight! Thanks for sharing!

8. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Yup...that's all it is.