• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone/Racing Jacket

NickH

Oakley Beginner
I tried searching, but came up short.

How do the Racing Jackets (Jawbones) work for an everyday type pair? I'll almost certainly go with the EP2/Hijinx from the other thread, but I was thinking of something for darker/cloudier conditions.

I love the idea of switching the lenses very easily, but wondered how the RJ worked on larger heads and what the visibility was like (I love the fact that you have great visibility with the EP2/Hijinx due to the large lenses).

Cheers

I originally bought a Jawbone off the the Vault for everyday wear. My nose only gets along with Asian fit pairs and in general I prefer the rubber pads. Functionally as good as things get for me, love how my cheeks don't touch the frames either. The short/flat stems are pretty comfortable too.

Unfortunately you're almost always going to have a "loud" look unless you went like all black + the now rare, non-vented BI lenses, but the practicality just outweighs that. I eventually picked up a second, used pair for real cheap and now use it as my regular beater pair. They seem to age well. Jaws get a bit loose but can get tightened.

I originally bought a Jawbone off the the Vault for everyday wear. My nose only gets along with Asian fit pairs and in general I prefer the rubber pads. Functionally as good as things get for me, love how my cheeks don't touch the frames either. The short/flat stems are pretty comfortable too.

Unfortunately you're almost always going to have a "loud" look unless you went like all black + the now rare, non-vented BI lenses, but the practicality just outweighs that. I eventually picked up a second, used pair for real cheap and now use it as my regular beater pair. They seem to age well. Jaws get a bit loose but can get tightened.
I agree with Ventruck that functionally it will have a great sports specific fit like all of the sports line (even for larger heads) but the bottom "wings" of the frames along with the vented lenses (for the newer models) will make them stand out so I wouldn't use them as an every day pair unless I didn't mind being "loud" every day. That being said, I think it makes a great "every day" pair if you have say a nice classy metal frame or a more subdued o matter frame for slightly less "OAKLEY!" occasions lol.

Cheers guys, I've read a lot about them fogging up due to the close to the face fit..... any experience with this?

Also, do the vents actually let in much light? I'll predominantly be using them for driving, so eye coverage is a priority (rather than venting!).

Cheers

My favorite Oakley's are my Jawbone/Racing Jackets. They are really comfortable to wear, and easily customized to give you different looks.
I wear a pair for driving and they are fine for the most part. You do see the vents, and light in your peripherals every so often checking traffic. I would try to track down some older Jawbone, non vented lenses if it bothers you.

I haven't had a Jawbone/Racing Jacket, but do have a Split Jacket that I use often for everyday wear (polished black/ice iridium). It's a bit less loud of a frame, and it seems non-vented lenses may be more common for those. Might be one to consider.

In case anyone is interested I do have an extra set of Ice polar non-vented Jawbone lenses for sale, I dont want to put them on the exchange... I want them to go into a pair of jawbones and not be custom cut for the tron pb1

In case anyone is interested I do have an extra set of Ice polar non-vented Jawbone lenses for sale, I dont want to put them on the exchange... I want them to go into a pair of jawbones and not be custom cut for the tron pb1
Can you PM me with your price please?

Same as above please (PM Price).

Think I'm gonna pick up some Matte Black Polar on Monday (comes with OO Red Iridium Polar and Black Iridium).

Latest Posts

Back