1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Im trying to buy a pair of jawbreakers from a guy who says they are asian fit,and have "sample" on the inner arm...........my question is.what does that mean,and as far as i can tell asian fit have the same frame just smaller nosebridge rubber.can a regular sized guy wear these?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

I have a fat head, and actually prefer the asian fit. Sample pairs were the ones put out to demo in stores so, they may have some wear to them. Lense and frame scuffs etc...

3. THE X-MAN

Well,he claims perfect......and i can get em for $75.00, with a soft vault

4. SecretNinja

Everyone always claims “perfect". Who knows, they may be. The soft vaults should always be included, IMO. They come with the glasses and are easily available anyways. I'm no professional but, for $75, sounds fair. Are they going to be a regular wear for you, or a project pair?

5. SecretNinja

Also, beware, this frame has been counterfeited.

6. THE X-MAN

They are for summer cycling.too big for anything else

7. SecretNinja

Perfect for cycling. For $75, if they are authentic, it's a good deal. Even if they are sample frames, you are using them for sporting activities and do not need to be perfect. But, they are advertidlsed as so. Look them over. I think it's worth a go. Just my opinion now.

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

9. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I could be imagining things but I think this exact thread was done before . Short answer to or is that there shouldn't be a difference between regular and af. I heard samples fit tighter but never handled one to recognize authenticy.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  10. SecretNinja

I recently bought an af split jacket. The only difference in size is the nose pieces. Which are interchangeable anyways.