• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

JFL Lenses - Huge Problem

Arch

Oakley Beginner
U.K.
This is my second pair of JFLs and looks like I need to return them again. They have what starts as a crackling pattern on the lens, like you've gone at it with a brillo pad. Have it a gentle run with a bag and it's developed into a thumbprint size mess of swirls, like the coating is just rubbing off. First set did exactly the same and RXsport replaced them. Hugely disappointed really and I don't want a replacement set of Black Iridium again, not sure if they'll let me choose another colour or maybe pay extra for polarised.

Here you go, it's happened in the same place each time. They don't get worn that much, so I was gutted to see it for the second time. You wouldn't believe how much worse it got with just a small rub with the bag.

A089F89D-B0EA-4014-9BC9-3E407B14D843-1956-0000030C83C1EFB0_zps3f5483a6.jpg

Can't see why they wouldn't be, they're from a recognised Oakley stockist and I got my prescription Jawbone lenses from them which are fine. It reminds me of what used to happen to those cheap mirrored sunglasses you bought as a kid.

I reckon the lenses have been exposed to something. Maybe a solvent has been spilt over a whole batch or some kind of gas, maybe exhaust gas from being in transit?

Wow, i only saw that happen to a pair of twenty i had, but they were 12 years old!

Weird isn't it? :( My Twentys from the 90s which have been worn nearly everyday, MTBing, skiing etc. look mint compared to these. I reckon I've worn them less than 10 times since getting them replaced in August.

Back