1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Arch

Arch Oakley Beginner

This is my second pair of JFLs and looks like I need to return them again. They have what starts as a crackling pattern on the lens, like you've gone at it with a brillo pad. Have it a gentle run with a bag and it's developed into a thumbprint size mess of swirls, like the coating is just rubbing off. First set did exactly the same and RXsport replaced them. Hugely disappointed really and I don't want a replacement set of Black Iridium again, not sure if they'll let me choose another colour or maybe pay extra for polarised.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

Unusual for tis to happen on genuine Oakley I believe?

3. Cargo

Cargo JFL lover

I have 4 pairs of JFL's and have not had this issue.

4. Arch

Arch Oakley Beginner

Here you go, it's happened in the same place each time. They don't get worn that much, so I was gutted to see it for the second time. You wouldn't believe how much worse it got with just a small rub with the bag.

JFL Lenses - Huge Problem - A089F89D-B0EA-4014-9BC9-3E407B14D843-1956-0000030C83C1EFB0_zps3f5483a6.jpg

5. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Crazy. No problems with my JFL's. Genuine Oakley lenses, right?

6. Arch

Arch Oakley Beginner

Can't see why they wouldn't be, they're from a recognised Oakley stockist and I got my prescription Jawbone lenses from them which are fine. It reminds me of what used to happen to those cheap mirrored sunglasses you bought as a kid.

7. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Wow, i only saw that happen to a pair of twenty i had, but they were 12 years old!

8. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

I reckon the lenses have been exposed to something. Maybe a solvent has been spilt over a whole batch or some kind of gas, maybe exhaust gas from being in transit?

9. Arch

Arch Oakley Beginner

Weird isn't it? :( My Twentys from the 90s which have been worn nearly everyday, MTBing, skiing etc. look mint compared to these. I reckon I've worn them less than 10 times since getting them replaced in August.

10. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast