• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jono's new additions.

Beautiful tatter's, I am so incredibly jealous. How long did it take for him to do those? Looks like a ton of work.... But you definitely reaped the benefits of some incredible workmanship, truly one of a kind pairs!!! Now you just need to get that Black Bag in...

Cheers guys! Yeah still have that little buzz of excitement in me whenever I look at them. Ha! Well from first communication til they got completed took about, 5-6 months? Given that he is an extremely busy dude, and my little side project didn't call for his priority, I didn't wanna be all pushy and rush an artist like him. And I'm really glad I didn't. Respect to him, even though it wasn't a big project it was obvious he put in a lot of hardwork and effort in them to make it perfect. He took my ideas and made it into reality and more. Couldn't be more stoked. =)

Cheers guys! Yeah still have that little buzz of excitement in me whenever I look at them. Ha! Well from first communication til they got completed took about, 5-6 months? Given that he is an extremely busy dude, and my little side project didn't call for his priority, I didn't wanna be all pushy and rush an artist like him. And I'm really glad I didn't. Respect to him, even though it wasn't a big project it was obvious he put in a lot of hardwork and effort in them to make it perfect. He took my ideas and made it into reality and more. Couldn't be more stoked. =)
For some reason, people don't understand the fact you get the best work out of the guys you leave alone. The more you bug the artist, the less they put themselves into the project, as well as the less you get out of the end result. Kudos to you Jono, you got awesome pieces for sure.

I hope I don't fall into this category haha... I always worry as I'm always so interested in my projects and love to just chat with anyone who is into this stuff as much as I am. I totally agree with both of you, I'd rather be patient and let the artist take whatever time they need. These guys don't get the reputation they have by rushing jobs and pushing out mediocre product. These tatter's, and pretty much every piece produced by him and for the doc too for that matter are simply some of the most unique and appealing O pieces to anyone's collection IMHO. Don't you have enough of those yet jono? Haha. Cheers to an amazing collector!

tnqd.jpg

Very cool Jono, missed these the first time around. I think I prefer the pair on the left here but both are great additions for you.

For some reason, people don't understand the fact you get the best work out of the guys you leave alone. The more you bug the artist, the less they put themselves into the project, as well as the less you get out of the end result. Kudos to you Jono, you got awesome pieces for sure.

I must admit I'm guilty of this. In this day and age of "instant gratification" -- from streaming movies to 2-day shipping from Amazon Prime it's easy demand and expect instant results from everyone, much to my chagrin and consternation. Time and again patience and humility are key virtues we all need to have if we wish to earn respect.

Nice pair of customized sunnies, jonoyong. That is truly a work of art!

Back