• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jono's new Frogs.

i´m not Jonoyong but hope this helps

Ice Iridium
Light Transmission: 10%
Conditions: extremely bright light
Protection Index: 3
Neutral / Contrast: Neutral

Blue Iridium
Light Transmission: 15%
Conditions: medium to bright light
Neutral / Contrast: Contrast

Get the heck outta here oakleynerd! Oops just realized you're a mod now! Haha kidding.

So looks-wise they look exactly the same though?

to be honest, i always get ice and blue iridium mixed up, coz they look similar. actually, i have an ice iridium penny, and blue iridium for the BLs..probably can do a comparison? =)

i´m not Jonoyong but hope this helps

Ice Iridium
Light Transmission: 10%
Conditions: extremely bright light
Neutral / Contrast: Neutral

Blue Iridium
Light Transmission: 15%
Conditions: medium to bright light
Neutral / Contrast: Contrast

Not to flame on you oakleynerd but if im correct there are 2 "blue iridium's"
The blue iridium you got off oakley.com was for the vr28 base lens "blue iridium" looks like a darker form of the G30 golf lens.
the "blue iridium" they use in the Frogskins is actually "Ice iridium". in the 80's "ice iridium" was not a lens color. to keep the glasses along the similar line of "retro" they went ahead and called it "blue iridium" as they did in the 80's
and unlike "ice" they put more of a blue tint and no purple. where as ice has a blueish purple blend.
light transmissions are around 10% (+/- 1%) Neutral contrast with a index 3 protection

if you hold a blue iridium frogskin up to a ice iridium they have almost identical base Grey lens coloring

i will post a pic of a comparison between the 3 lenses :cool:

I'm pretty sure Blue Iridium is different. Not talking about VR28 Blue Iridium either.

My rootbeer fade Frogskins had Blue Iridium and they definitely weren't Ice.

Back