• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jordan Romeo 1 Questions: How Many Produced? And Current Market Value?

The Romeo Jordon also comes with a different outer box it has more text print on and the matching serial number to the glasses is HAND WRITTEN on box in the corner on the underside

Romeo - X Metal - Black 04-100 was initially an edition of 10,000 with each issued with smooth red earsocks, ie, without script. The serial number on the nosepiece matched the number faintly hand written on the underside of the box at the opposite end to the label, also on this part of the box was considerable text unlike that on any other X Metal box, it is dated 1997 but the text format did continue with this glass after the 'limited' run, into the 'normal' release that had black socks, whilst retaining the same sku. The box design itself is the same as regular boxes for this group of glasses at that time, except some had slightly differing number of holes in the outer boxes, with 96 holes applying to this version. The label is black with white script and front on image of the glass, the label continued underneath where there is a second image, part code, and black iridium lens stated, as usual the label has to be cut open to get to the glasses, a clean cut being desirable for better condition. It came with dark grey microbag with white tag, fold out warranty leaflet, and warranty return card. No spare nose bombs or temple shocks, the latter smooth compared to the numbered type which appeared later in choice. There is no suggestion anywhere on the release that it was a Jordan issue, nor have I seen it officially listed as such. Some of what I explain here is the result of study of my own personal complete perfect pair, with serial 1112. As to the value, this can vary with time, level of demand, and condition, but if I suggest £1000+ for a complete mint example I think there would be enough people interested to see the piece up for grabs for a short time only.

Romeo - X Metal - Black 04-100 was initially an edition of 10,000 with each issued with smooth red earsocks, ie, without script. The serial number on the nosepiece matched the number faintly hand written on the underside of the box at the opposite end to the label, also on this part of the box was considerable text unlike that on any other X Metal box, it is dated 1997 but the text format did continue with this glass after the 'limited' run, into the 'normal' release that had black socks, whilst retaining the same sku. The box design itself is the same as regular boxes for this group of glasses at that time, except some had slightly differing number of holes in the outer boxes, with 96 holes applying to this version. The label is black with white script and front on image of the glass, the label continued underneath where there is a second image, part code, and black iridium lens stated, as usual the label has to be cut open to get to the glasses, a clean cut being desirable for better condition. It came with dark grey microbag with white tag, fold out warranty leaflet, and warranty return card. No spare nose bombs or temple shocks, the latter smooth compared to the numbered type which appeared later in choice. There is no suggestion anywhere on the release that it was a Jordan issue, nor have I seen it officially listed as such. Some of what I explain here is the result of study of my own personal complete perfect pair, with serial 1112. As to the value, this can vary with time, level of demand, and condition, but if I suggest £1000+ for a complete mint example I think there would be enough people interested to see the piece up for grabs for a short time only.

I guess this sums it all up. Very very informative sir Romeo, I am more knowledgeable after reading this post, thats why I love this forum. Thanks

Both the auction that ended last night and the one currently on Ebay right now both have serials in the 8000+ range

assuming someone isnt printing fake serials, then there you go. what i want to know is is there a six number serial pair that overlaps the 4 serial range? anyone have a very low 6 digit serial Romeo?

Another thing that i noticed is that the colour of the x-metal finish is much lighter than the later pair I have,don't no if that is typical throughout the run but maybe worth noting as another possible difference.

there was a gradual change in the Xmetal finishing over time. its evident across the xmetal range

Mine are in the 5000's as I remember. I agree the colour is a little lighter on these than my later r1's and the lenses also appear to be smaller on the Jordan also as I was intending on replacing the lenses due to a few small marks but the good pair I have simply do not fit. The original lenses on the Jordan are also without the small kink on the lens which allows for lining up to the outer edge of the frame. I guess I will have to stick with the originals which to be honest I am not too fussed over as it keeps them all original.

:)

If someone was putting fake serials onto R1 frames don't you think they would number them low so as not to raise the kind of doubts you express?
And if what you say about colour is true we now have the specs for a genuine "original Jordan' it will be light x-metal ,it will have smaller lenses without the kink and may have different etching,(i can agree with this because I used my Jordan lenses as a template to cut lenses for a later frame and they were too small) so to produce a fake Jordan you would have to find a light coloured blank frame just to start with ,it may have been done but I doubt anyone has a ready enough supply to be mass producing high serial fake Jordans.

assuming someone isnt printing fake serials, then there you go. what i want to know is is there a six number serial pair that overlaps the 4 serial range? anyone have a very low 6 digit serial Romeo?

there was a gradual change in the Xmetal finishing over time. its evident across the xmetal range

Back