• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Judge Help

Medusa50

I own Oakley
East Coast
Ive had a stealth Judge that was working fine up until a few weeks ago. It started to run slow and wouldn't keep time. I suspected a battery issue. It finally stopped running all together. While scouting up the right tools to open the back I came across one from Harbor Freight. It worked extremely well. After removing the retaining screw for the battery hold down I pulled the original battery out. It was SR927SW. It measured only .6 Volts. I cross referenced a new battery which was available and found a CR927. After replacing everything just as I found it the watch now no longer functions. The battery is properly oriented and before installing it I measured 3.2 volts. Oddly enough the chronograph functions if you press the start button but the time piece itself does not. Anyone have suggestions based on their experience?

Well the battery for the Judge varies depending on your model, (Judge II Dual Time: SR916SW/ 373, Judge 2 and 1: SR927SW/ 395). I also had an issue with the judge I, but that was due to a crappy battery that spilled inside the watch, thankfully the spill was merely superficial, but as of what I understand any battery spill could totally kill your watch. So I'd recommend checking for any spill that might have stuck gears together. Also, remember these are swiss made watches, so if you can't find any issue, I'd go with a official watch retailer to check it out. I remember the first time my battery was switched I was stupid enough to take it to the mall watch dealer (I live in Mexico, so no oakley fixers here) needless to say, he F'd up my watch causing the crown to literally fall off the casing with all the insides. So I went to one of those fancy watch shops and asked for help, they charged close to $50 usd but my watch has never been better, they fixed the whole thing in less than a week.
So in short, I'd check for any battery spills, and if nothing is there, then I'd go to the shop, might be a bit expensive, but if you love the watch, it is totally worth it

Well the battery for the Judge varies depending on your model, (Judge II Dual Time: SR916SW/ 373, Judge 2 and 1: SR927SW/ 395). I also had an issue with the judge I, but that was due to a crappy battery that spilled inside the watch, thankfully the spill was merely superficial, but as of what I understand any battery spill could totally kill your watch. So I'd recommend checking for any spill that might have stuck gears together. Also, remember these are swiss made watches, so if you can't find any issue, I'd go with a official watch retailer to check it out. I remember the first time my battery was switched I was stupid enough to take it to the mall watch dealer (I live in Mexico, so no oakley fixers here) needless to say, he F'd up my watch causing the crown to literally fall off the casing with all the insides. So I went to one of those fancy watch shops and asked for help, they charged close to $50 usd but my watch has never been better, they fixed the whole thing in less than a week.
So in short, I'd check for any battery spills, and if nothing is there, then I'd go to the shop, might be a bit expensive, but if you love the watch, it is totally worth it
Thanks I will do that. Everything look clean. Interesting I just picked up another battery today and they cross referenced the SR927SW to a 399. Not a 395 as you stated. It's a great looking piece so if this doesn't work I'm off to a jeweler. A few posts in other threads say the quartz movement is pretty generic so I hope that's an easy fix.

It should be, I'm telling you, if a jeweler (they sell Tag, Omega, Rolex) here in Mexico City was able to fix this "simple" watch, I'm guessing it should be much easier in the states. Good Luck!

It should be, I'm telling you, if a jeweler (they sell Tag, Omega, Rolex) here in Mexico City was able to fix this "simple" watch, I'm guessing it should be much easier in the states. Good Luck!
Great news the 399 battery works. I originally used a cross reference guide that said CR327 was a match. The Renata 399 they sold me worked instead. My advice to those looking for replacements would be the 399. Batteries Plus is a chain of stores and they had it though others probably carry it too. Thanks.