• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet And X-metal Frame Repairs

the rubber deteriorates with sweat,its just like bubble gum when taken apart,you have to scoop it out of the bridge with a toothpic.when i rebuild them i use a silicone rubber that will never do that and will stay pliable even in sub zero tempatures.

I just repaired my own juliet nose bridge.

First remove the lenses.
I carefully ground the head off the rivets on thr outside if the frame (the rivets are steel and the frame is titanium so its hard to damage the frame)
Once the heads are gone they can be tapped out through the back.
Once apart i removed the spent rubber gaskets and inserted some new ones i made from a spare but if stiff rubber.
I ground down a stainless steel screw until it was the rifht size to fit through the holes, cut off 2 bits about the right length and inserted them.
Then, using a nail punch with a concave tip i put the frame on a steel block with the back of the pins touching the block and locked the rivets in place with the punch and a hammer.
Good as new!

I just repaired my own juliet nose bridge.

First remove the lenses.
I carefully ground the head off the rivets on thr outside if the frame (the rivets are steel and the frame is titanium so its hard to damage the frame)
Once the heads are gone they can be tapped out through the back.
Once apart i removed the spent rubber gaskets and inserted some new ones i made from a spare but if stiff rubber.
I ground down a stainless steel screw until it was the rifht size to fit through the holes, cut off 2 bits about the right length and inserted them.
Then, using a nail punch with a concave tip i put the frame on a steel block with the back of the pins touching the block and locked the rivets in place with the punch and a hammer.
Good as new!

Can you post some pictures?

Back