• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Arm

ralphjr

Oakley Beginner
I am looking for a set of Juliet arms like the ones on xx metal and ideas were to find ones.
I tried eBay with no luck ?

It sounds like your actually looking for XX arms. Juliet's came with hammer stems (I believe this is what your looking for?), but only in the polished frame. If your looking for any other finish you probably should be looking for a XX X-Metal, they all have hammer stems. You could also buy a polished Juliet and have it refinished by the X-Man too.

The hammer stems are the ones I am looking for hard to find just them maybe I just like for a pair of Juliet's with them.

Polished and 24k Juliets has hammer stems. You probably better off buying the whole frame instead of just specific parts. A lot harder to find just a specific part to purchase.

+1 for RetinaBurn and Sundalo

Since XX are more expensive than Juliets it'd be cheapest to get a used pair of polished Juliets and have x-man refinish them to his x-metal, plasma, TiO2, or even matte black if you don't like the polished finish - he can do a tuneup too while he's at it. The used Juliets + refinish work would still be cheaper than buying a XX for donor earstems, under $400 vs. over $400. Plus, XX are rarer and it'd be a shame to scrap a pair just to put hammerstems on a pair of Juliets.

Your only chance to find earstems-only are from someone who snapped a nosebridge - that can't be repaired and the frames are otherwise scrap. If you've been a member long enough to post in the exchange section you could always post a WTB XX earstems in the x-metal exchange. Not very likely to have any luck, but it doesn't hurt to try.

XX Metals are often listed on eBay as Juliet's by owners who do not know what they have, so that is another potential source. I picked up 2 of my pairs for around half market price that way.

But as mentioned, it would be a shame to breakup a pair of up damaged XX metals. But of course you could put the straight Juliet arms on the XX metals, and have 2 custom pairs.

Back