1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Oakley Beginner

My Juliets arms are very loose... Sunglass hut said they are stripped from use...

If the arms are made of titanium, would that mean the steel screw would be more likely to strip than the arm itself?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Beancooker

Beancooker Oakley Enthusiast

Since its a titanium alloy, the stainless steel screws may win the battle. I would consider contacting Dr. Chop, the X Man or qtrain to see if they can tap the hole a little larger and use a T-7 screw to replace the T-6.

3. Sundalo

Sundalo Oakley Expert

Have you tried tightening it with T6 torq wrench?

4. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

the arm has a clearance hole only ....no threads.the threads in the orbitals are what could be the problem.is the T6 torx pattern stripped?or does the screw keep turning on the orbital.there is a way to fix them but I don't want to go into details here.i really don't think its the threads in the frame,im guessin its the screw itself.

5. NMOne

NMOne Oakley Beginner

One problem is that you took a pair of Juliets to Sunglass Hut.

6. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

+1

7. InfiniteHero

My local Vault manager asked me to help with an issue. Customer came in for new lenses in his Juliet, and the screw for the orbital was stripped. The Manager said she couldn't do anything about it, and it would have to be shipped to Oakely to repair. "The customer said it was that way for a long time, and he just pushed and prodded his current lenses out, and then took the new lenses and mashed them back in. Then said good as new, and then left the store". The manager was in shock. The customer had caused the iridium on the new lenses to be pushed back from the edges, and basically ruined. Some people.......

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

:headbang:

9. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I have yet to see any part of the frame strip. Honestly, there is no way the soft stainless screws Oakley uses will strip the titanium alloy. I have literally pulled orbitals apart with stripped screws in them (heads stripped) and pulled the threads off the screws themselves, but not a frame. Chances are, the washers are shot and no matter how tight you go, they won't snug up enough to make them not flop around. I would put money on that or the screw itself is shot

10. InfiniteHero

+1111111 to Chop, The Titanium is way stronger than the ss screw. But drill the one out carefully, and then just reuse