• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Arms Stripped?

Elfmaze

Oakley Beginner
My Juliets arms are very loose... Sunglass hut said they are stripped from use...

If the arms are made of titanium, would that mean the steel screw would be more likely to strip than the arm itself?

Since its a titanium alloy, the stainless steel screws may win the battle. I would consider contacting Dr. Chop, the X Man or qtrain to see if they can tap the hole a little larger and use a T-7 screw to replace the T-6.

the arm has a clearance hole only ....no threads.the threads in the orbitals are what could be the problem.is the T6 torx pattern stripped?or does the screw keep turning on the orbital.there is a way to fix them but I don't want to go into details here.i really don't think its the threads in the frame,im guessin its the screw itself.

My local Vault manager asked me to help with an issue. Customer came in for new lenses in his Juliet, and the screw for the orbital was stripped. The Manager said she couldn't do anything about it, and it would have to be shipped to Oakely to repair. "The customer said it was that way for a long time, and he just pushed and prodded his current lenses out, and then took the new lenses and mashed them back in. Then said good as new, and then left the store". The manager was in shock. The customer had caused the iridium on the new lenses to be pushed back from the edges, and basically ruined. Some people.......

My local Vault manager asked me to help with an issue. Customer came in for new lenses in his Juliet, and the screw for the orbital was stripped. The Manager said she couldn't do anything about it, and it would have to be shipped to Oakely to repair. "The customer said it was that way for a long time, and he just pushed and prodded his current lenses out, and then took the new lenses and mashed them back in. Then said good as new, and then left the store". The manager was in shock. The customer had caused the iridium on the new lenses to be pushed back from the edges, and basically ruined. Some people.......
:headbang:

I have yet to see any part of the frame strip. Honestly, there is no way the soft stainless screws Oakley uses will strip the titanium alloy. I have literally pulled orbitals apart with stripped screws in them (heads stripped) and pulled the threads off the screws themselves, but not a frame. Chances are, the washers are shot and no matter how tight you go, they won't snug up enough to make them not flop around. I would put money on that or the screw itself is shot

Back