• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Authenticity Check

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
eBay: 260989724852

I'm just getting into X-Metals...so any help would be appreciated. The thing that's throwing me off is that I contacted the seller and he said that the glasses don't have a serial number; meaning that the glasses should be from 2004 or newer. However, the box comes with a 1999 coin. The seller had previously listed these as Gen 1, but got several emails from people saying that couldn't be possible if they don't have a serial. Is it possible that 1999 coins came with later versions of the Juliet...or did the seller pair a non-matching coin with later gen glasses?

The coins all said 1999 until the box and coin redesign in 2009. That year on the coin corresponds to the year of release for the model (1997 for the Romeo, 1999 for the Juliet etc). so you have 2005-2008/2009 production with that coin, no serials-very common. I can tell by just looking at those that they are authentic.

The coins all said 1999 until the box and coin redesign in 2009. That year on the coin corresponds to the year of release for the model (1997 for the Romeo, 1999 for the Juliet etc). so you have 2005-2008/2009 production with that coin, no serials-very common. I can tell by just looking at those that they are authentic.

+1.. what he said

Thanks guys! That clears up a lot of confusion I've been having. Does anyone know why they stopped running serial numbers in 2004? I know my 2012 24K has a serial. The only current models with serials are limited editions, right?

Latest Posts

Back