1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

eBay: 260989724852

I'm just getting into X-Metals...so any help would be appreciated. The thing that's throwing me off is that I contacted the seller and he said that the glasses don't have a serial number; meaning that the glasses should be from 2004 or newer. However, the box comes with a 1999 coin. The seller had previously listed these as Gen 1, but got several emails from people saying that couldn't be possible if they don't have a serial. Is it possible that 1999 coins came with later versions of the Juliet...or did the seller pair a non-matching coin with later gen glasses?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

The coins all said 1999 until the box and coin redesign in 2009. That year on the coin corresponds to the year of release for the model (1997 for the Romeo, 1999 for the Juliet etc). so you have 2005-2008/2009 production with that coin, no serials-very common. I can tell by just looking at those that they are authentic.

3. v2kjokerz

v2kjokerz Oakley Enthusiast

+1.. what he said

4. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Thanks guys! That clears up a lot of confusion I've been having. Does anyone know why they stopped running serial numbers in 2004? I know my 2012 24K has a serial. The only current models with serials are limited editions, right?

5. OOO

OOO Be True

Whoever made the decision to stop serializing the X-Metals was a serial-killer. :angry:

6. v2kjokerz

v2kjokerz Oakley Enthusiast

:laugh: I see what you did there :dance3:

7. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Those are nice. If I had the cash I'd buy it now

8. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Very witty!