1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ttrplus

ttrplus Oakley Beginner

Hi to all,

a short question about serial numbers:
    The Carbon-Ducati exists with and without a serial number, but what is with the x-Metal-Ducatis? Are there also ones without a serial number or were they built only till year 2004 and so each has a number?

Thanks a lot.

Greetings
    Markus

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

X Metal is serialized only and should be with serial matched box to be complete.

3. ttrplus

ttrplus Oakley Beginner

Thanks a lot.

And after the end of the x-metal Ducatis, the carbon ducatis were produced? And these ducatis had serial numbers for one year (2004) and after general stopping the serial numbers on the metals, the ducatis had no numbers anymore? Correct?

If this is correct an other question: Which model is the rarest one or the more interesting model for an oakley-collector? The x-metal with "DUCATI XXXXXX" or the carbon one with "DUCATI XXXXX"?

Thanks in advance.

4. CarGuy

Yes with the caveat that the last generation carbon Duc had a SKU # on the arm where the serial would have been.
    I think that the rarest is the serialized carbon but the more interesting is the X Metal. There were so many (total) carbon Ducs made (serial, no serial, SKU, etc) but only one release of XM Ducs. So you see so many of the carbon Duc colorway because of multiple releases. Lastly to me I like the contrast of the red rubbers, black lenses and XM frame. But that's me.

AngelAir likes this.
  5. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

I believe there were two releases or runs of the x- metal version,a four digit serial and a six digit serial.

6. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

I believe they had 2 Carbon Serial releases as well.
    Ducati xxxxx
    Ducati xxxxxx

I have the 6 digit serial X-Metal and 6 digit serial Carbon versions along with the version with nothing on the arm.

7. CarGuy

Survey says....

Two releases indeed.

Last edited by a moderator: 5/18/14
  8. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Why do I want everything u have @CarGuy!

kronin323 likes this.
  9. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

Because he has cool quality stuff and u like cool quality stuff

Leglessracing and Dallas O Hog like this.