• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Finish Question

Sounds like a layer of oxidation on the titanium. Many frames slightly discolor like that. I have a plasma finish juliet that looks sort of golden because of the oxidation.
That could be a cool result!

Wow that is a very big difference. I like the color of my old ones on the left better. It works well with those fire lenses.
It really does work well with the fire.

Cool color nonetheless! You said 4th Gen (?) any serial number to get an original color from?
No serial or sku :(

My oldest one is close to the one on the left. I actually prefer it to the other one.
Yeah, it's kind of cool.

Could it have been refinished

I have a first gen Juliet X-Metal (X Serial) and XX X-Metal SKU (2009) since new, no refinish, and the same difference here.
Cool, I think that must be the difference.

Thank you everyone for the replies. Greatly appreciated!! :)

I second this, my orignial R1's are definitely lighter than ones that are newer.

Is that not just a correlation between more usage on older gen items the newer gen? Xmetal finish does fade from use and gets progressively lighter. Rub it heavily and next thing you know you've got polished.

My early X-metal is a bit more brownish than my newer one. I don't really notice unless comparing them in decent lighting.

Is that not just a correlation between more usage on older gen items the newer gen? Xmetal finish does fade from use and gets progressively lighter. Rub it heavily and next thing you know you've got polished.

not necessarily. I have had two R1' s brand new with no markings one being jordans and the jordans are definitely lighter. even with a cleaned older r1 and the new jorddan same thing. and its not just wear but more so the gray tone. anyway pictures would probably help...

My early X-metal is a bit more brownish than my newer one. I don't really notice unless comparing them in decent lighting.
It's the opposite for me. My older ones have like no brown and the newer one could almost be brown in color. I almost thought it was a brown juliet but I've never seen one so I don't know for sure.

Latest Posts

Back