• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Help - Earstem Alignment Issue

will post pics soon, but anyone have this issue where the eastems are misaligned, and the jet intake icon hits the side of the frame when the arms are open? as in, it doest sit on the T-shock properly and hits the metal.

anyone? i think the two bits of the frame where the screw goes through are misaligned, causing this issue, but can't be sure. Kenneth has an Xmetal J with this, and I have a Gen1 Plasma J with this.

pictures soon. thoughts?

Here are some pictures of the said problem. This is my xmetal J. Can be seen from the pictures that the top end of the jet intake icon is hitting the orbitals everytime the stems are extended. The washers are in placed and it shouldnt be due to them

What Brip and I observed is.. the top end of the frames where the stems are screwed onto is slightly off from the bottom end. They are not aligned. The bottom end, when view from the top view, looks to be jutting out very slightly.

was wondering if we can use a plier to set them back in place? Will it hurt the plasma finish? haha! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this from time to time...I think you can tweak the earstem bracket...but are both washers in place? I've found a missing washer throws the alignment off

yeah thats what i thought initially, it was just crushed/missing washers. but we meddled with it and its definitely the bracket being misaligned. how do you go about adjusting it? im thinking a cloth-wrapped pair of pliers, or a bench vice with rubber guards..

yeah thats what i thought initially, it was just crushed/missing washers. but we meddled with it and its definitely the bracket being misaligned. how do you go about adjusting it? im thinking a cloth-wrapped pair of pliers, or a bench vice with rubber guards..

Sounds right.

haha figured. cheers. i will remove lenses and try it. im afraid for the gen1 plasma finish though. but better a straight frame with scars, than an unuseable frame! worst case scenario it becomes a straight arm, custom polish J haha. sad but pretty bright for a worst case scenario.

Upper and lower screw hole are misaligned. Put the screw in place, just snug.....then gently twist the arm holding onto the orbital untill the arm tip is centered......I do it on alot of pairs that dont close fully and never had a problem.

Latest Posts

Back