• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Infinite Hero Lens Questions......

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Got a few questions for those who own the IH Juliet- the O Review lists this lens has having 17% transmission but the Oakley website lists it as 14%. In owners experience, is it 14 or 17 and what is your experience looking through the lens and at it (how does it make things look, do you like how it makes things look, does it hide the wearers eyes well etc). Also how do you like the IH Juliet in general.

Appreciate any insights

It's a bright lens. It's perfect for overcast or cloudy days. Its not to great for a sunny day. It kinda dims during brigt days, but almost makes things brighter and clearer on cloudy days. I love mine.

I haven't worn mine outside, but looking through the Violet lens is just like looking through Fire lenses. I can't tell you whether it's 14% or 17%... and honestly i don't think the human eye can tell you what light transmission is with that small of a difference, but i agree that it's more for overcast days and not extremely sunny days.

I personally love the fire lens. I love the contrast i get and honestly, they block the sun enough even on extremely sunny days. The Violet does hide eyes well, but if you get light leakage, you'll still be able to see your eyes. I think Black Iridium hides best since it's a black lens and most people have a black or dark brown iris.

As for the IH in general, it's a great pair for any collection. It's not overly loud, and the purple earsocks aren't very noticeable. I like it for it's collectability. First pair of metals with purple rubbers :smile:

I haven't worn mine outside, but looking through the Violet lens is just like looking through Fire lenses. I can't tell you whether it's 14% or 17%... and honestly i don't think the human eye can tell you what light transmission is with that small of a difference, but i agree that it's more for overcast days and not extremely sunny days.

I personally love the fire lens. I love the contrast i get and honestly, they block the sun enough even on extremely sunny days. The Violet does hide eyes well, but if you get light leakage, you'll still be able to see your eyes. I think Black Iridium hides best since it's a black lens and most people have a black or dark brown iris.

As for the IH in general, it's a great pair for any collection. It's not overly loud, and the purple earsocks aren't very noticeable. I like it for it's collectability. First pair of metals with purple rubbers :smile:

Good info thanks....I have VERY light sensitive eyes and I'm actually yanking the Fire lenses from my Romeo's because they're WAY too light..Ruby at 14% with that blue tint looking through them is pushing it and gets limited use...I can sense 2% differences in transmission rates and I can handle 14% Ruby but 16% Fire drives my eyes crazy.

I'm going back and forth between an IH and a Plasma Ice Polarized...leaning to the Ice because, well, better lens performance and the IH because it looks different than anything else and, like you say the limited run. Also, the IH has a knock because the Violet and purple can be knocked as not so masculine (odd considering what the whole series is about).

Good info thanks....I have VERY light sensitive eyes and I'm actually yanking the Fire lenses from my Romeo's because they're WAY too light..Ruby at 14% with that blue tint looking through them is pushing it and gets limited use...I can sense 2% differences in transmission rates and I can handle 14% Ruby but 16% Fire drives my eyes crazy.

I'm going back and forth between an IH and a Plasma Ice Polarized...leaning to the Ice because, well, better lens performance and the IH because it looks different than anything else and, like you say the limited run. Also, the IH has a knock because the Violet and purple can be knocked as not so masculine (odd considering what the whole series is about).

Ah, that was the one exception i didn't consider; those with light sensitive eyes.

If what you say is true, then the violet lenses probably won't work for you.

I took some pics to help you out:

Here's the IH Violet. You can see the "+" logo and that dark circle is the "H" sticker i never took off. See? I never wore them :lol:
6745409577_63c46bdaff_b.jpg

Here's the Fire from my Splice:
6745410403_90a52c66d1_b.jpg

This is Ice Iridium Polarized from my Plasma Juliets. Also brand new:
6745411309_b171d68ab2_b.jpg

And this is Black Iridium from another pair of Juliets:
6745412235_05f24d855e_b.jpg

Hope this helps you :smile:

Does help. The Violet is darker than the Fire-I can tell from your pics and from the pictures I've seen the Violet looks awesome on the outside. Make sure I buy from someone allowing returns in case I can't handle wearing them. Don't have a Plasma in the collection in the past couple years so this is a good unique choice to help round out my Juliet stable before it all comes to an end.

Yeah I was thinking of the Violet too (but a split jacket). When I looked through them and noticed they were like the Fire.. I decided against them.

I had Fire in my X Squared, but for me the Fire is not dark enough (light sensitive eyes). I am happy with my Ice Polarized lenses, as I feel they are much better for me..

Yeah I was thinking of the Violet too (but a split jacket). When I looked through them and noticed they were like the Fire.. I decided against them.

I had Fire in my X Squared, but for me the Fire is not dark enough (light sensitive eyes). I am happy with my Ice Polarized lenses, as I feel they are much better for me..

Fire in the XS is fine for me because that's Polarized. The Fire Pol is 10% transmission vs. standard's 16%...I have that lens in my Polished Juliets and while they are not the most awesome thing to look through, they are great to look at.

Still waffling on the Violet as of right now.....love the look but yeah, the performance is a real iffy proposition and even though the Ice is a lock (and 15% less in cost for me), its the vanilla of X Metals.

Latest Posts

Back