• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Is Coming Back To Daddy!!

TMan1787

Oakley Beginner
Finally, after almost a month, finally getting my Juliets back from Oakley HQ on Monday. According to HQ Warranty Dept, they have plently of spare parts in stock to continue the Tune-Up Service for another year or so. This is contrary to the sales department pretty much scare-tacting me into sending them in because they said the service was going to be discontinued very soon. A-Holes, either way, they are going to our beloved X-Man next time!

when I was at H.Q earlier this month watching them do a tune up,they put the old rivits back in some guys frames.they showed me the tool they use to remove the rivits and I could hear a lot of hammer hits going on in the back .eventually they will stop the tune ups and run out of parts,also the lenses will dry up too.this is where the lens cutters and repair guys will get really busy.

Last edited:
Got my Juliets back, looks like the right orbital gasket is still spaced apart from the nose bridge to where I can see the hidden inner connecting tab to the nosebridge. Its not loose, but I wonder if the rivet is getting slowly bent, causing the orbitals to not fit as snug as they were the beginning.

Goes to show that X Man trumps all tuning IMHO. I've had Juliets tuned at HQ pre X Man. Not bad but Marks is much tighter and he pays attention to the proper gap and spacing.

Got my Juliets back, looks like the right orbital gasket is still spaced apart from the nose bridge to where I can see the hidden inner connecting tab to the nosebridge. Its not loose, but I wonder if the rivet is getting slowly bent, causing the orbitals to not fit as snug as they were the beginning.
If they reused the original rivets that is entirely possible!
I have had about 10 tune-ups done by HQ and 10 by The X Man. His are so much tighter and I believe that they will stay tighter longer due to larger, new rivets and better flex coupler rubber design and material.
I'd like to do my entire collection as needed with eventually all my X Metals having had X Man attention.

those California hippies don't care,they get a check and go home at the end of the day.my worst fear is a bad review on my work. And if something isn't exactly the way you want it I always remedy the problem. Not once have I ever stuck a member on a return or a redo.

Last edited:
Mark has also done numerous frames for me and every job has been pristine, along with a fast turnaround.

Sounds good to me. Is this service open to all or just to those within the US?

Back