• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet lens colors

Jason Vollrath

Oakley Beginner
I have been looking around at what people have for sale in terms of juliet lenses and have noticed some differences in the fire lenses. Some fire lenses have more of a gold look to them and others look more reddish/orangish. Then I saw a set of ruby ones that looked almost exactly like the fire ones I thought I had i my set. Is it possible I actually have ruby? I was pretty sure my serial number coincided with plasma/fire. Most pictures I saw were ones off ebay, which I know can have some fakes on it. Any thoughts?

Ruby is a neutral lens, albeit with something of a blue cast when looking through it. Fire is a contrast lens, so the two are very different to look through. More than enough to dispel any confusion when looking at them.

Last edited:
There should be a difference when looking through them...
Not always apparent when looking AT the Ruby gem
That's why we call the new Ruby a lens full of "Fruby"
Often confused both by elder and newbie

If you want to know the specifics
And other lens statistics
Any color you can think
Just follow this link!
Oakley | Lens Tints

I recently had a seller make the same mistake. As others have said, I think the simplest tell is look at base tint of the lens. If you think it looks a little blue its ruby, brownish its fire.

Back