1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

I just bought a bunch of new lenses from vault stores this past week. I checked them all when I bought them, but tonight I was putting a set of Fire in some plasma frames and noticed this set looked different. I don't really know much about lenses, other than they come in different colors. From what I gathered via searching, Fire should have a brown or black look when looking through them and Ruby should have a blue look. I checked the other Fire ones and they do have a brownish look but these have a blueish look. They aren't as red as my old Ruby or even the new ones, but they certainly are more so than the other Fire or the Fire Polarized. So, are these Ruby with just a hint of purpleish, or Fire with a really red look? Juliet lens identification - 2015-02-22 19.00.51.jpg Juliet lens identification - 2015-02-22 18.59.14.jpg Juliet lens identification - 2015-02-22 18.58.42.jpg Juliet lens identification - 2015-02-22 15.04.04.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

The base indicates those are a variation of Ruby.

3. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

Those look Ruby to me - too red for Fire + base; so unless they are non-OEM [and someone really pulled a fast one (?)] - that really only leaves one option.

4. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Ruby. Or Fruby rather. Is what it is- but that blue base when looking through is a dead giveaway for Ruby

5. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

So likely the store had them in the wrong box. Thats cool. I'll install the other fire ones. Use these as backups for the Ruby frames. Thanks guys.

6. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Yeah if someone isn't paying attention that would be a fairly easy mix up to have happen given how close the two colors have become over the years

7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Fire doesn't have a brown base and certainly wouldn't look black as that would be a neutral base as per black iridium or ice.

Fire has a sort of greenish base and ruby is distinctly blue. There really shouldn't be any confusion as soon as you look through the back of the lens.

8. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

Green, brown, I really can't tell the difference lol

9. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I do wonder whether this sits somewhere on the spectrum of colour blindness, to me it's obviously green but people don't all perceive colours the same way.

10. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

Exactly. But I knew it was different than what I had here. That much I can tell lol