• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet lens identification

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
I just bought a bunch of new lenses from vault stores this past week. I checked them all when I bought them, but tonight I was putting a set of Fire in some plasma frames and noticed this set looked different. I don't really know much about lenses, other than they come in different colors. From what I gathered via searching, Fire should have a brown or black look when looking through them and Ruby should have a blue look. I checked the other Fire ones and they do have a brownish look but these have a blueish look. They aren't as red as my old Ruby or even the new ones, but they certainly are more so than the other Fire or the Fire Polarized. So, are these Ruby with just a hint of purpleish, or Fire with a really red look?
2015-02-22 19.00.51.jpg
2015-02-22 18.59.14.jpg
2015-02-22 18.58.42.jpg
2015-02-22 15.04.04.jpg

Those look Ruby to me - too red for Fire + base; so unless they are non-OEM [and someone really pulled a fast one (?)] - that really only leaves one option.

So likely the store had them in the wrong box. Thats cool. I'll install the other fire ones. Use these as backups for the Ruby frames. Thanks guys.

From what I gathered via searching, Fire should have a brown or black look when looking through them and Ruby should have a blue look. I checked the other Fire ones and they do have a brownish look but these have a blueish look.
Fire doesn't have a brown base and certainly wouldn't look black as that would be a neutral base as per black iridium or ice.

Fire has a sort of greenish base and ruby is distinctly blue. There really shouldn't be any confusion as soon as you look through the back of the lens.

Latest Posts

Back