• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lens Options

350nick

Oakley Expert
I have just managed to get hold of a brand new, never used pair of gold lenses for my titanium juliets, and am now considering what to do with the original gold lenses..

They have quite a few light scratches to the gold iridium which is noticeable when wearing them. I did consider selling them but thought they would fetch very little and then I remembered reading on here about removing the iridium coating using alcohol solution.

I also read something about polishing scratched iridium using mild toothpaste or baking soda/water mix although I am sceptical about this working!

If I could remove the iridium would this leave me with a light brown lens? Might be a nice alternative to my gold lenses. (my brother works in a lab so could get me some strong alcohol if needed)

Anyone tried polishing? Is that nonsense? Just found it on a google search!

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice!!

I wonder if toothpaste/baking soda is finer than 6000 grit? Might be worth a go, only worry is that I end up scratching the base lens under the iridium.

Tricky to say.. I know that polishing epoxy with high grade paper brings the surface up as smooth as glass.

I have some old lenses that I could try it on.

I just tried with toothpaste, then baking powder/water on an old set of lenses with very little effect at all so maybe high grade paper is the way to go?