• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet lens options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Vollrath

Oakley Beginner
So as many of already, and have known for a while, the juliet lenses are out of production. So I have an awesome pair of frames that are just laying around. Now I by no means want to put an aftermarket lens in these things, but I am not aware of any other options at this point. I found some on ebay, but am worried about them being fakes. Any suggestions, or anybody with a stock pile of them looking to sell?

So as many of already, and have known for a while, the juliet lenses are out of production. So I have an awesome pair of frames that are just laying around. Now I by no means want to put an aftermarket lens in these things, but I am not aware of any other options at this point. I found some on ebay, but am worried about them being fakes. Any suggestions, or anybody with a stock pile of them looking to sell?

Once you qualify for the exchange section, you can find some for sale there, or you can post a WTB. Alternatively, you can get "custom cuts", where donor pairs from a different frame are cut to fit Juliet frames. That usually runs $40 for the service (over the price of the lenses) but actual price is between you and the cutter.

To qualify for the exchange you need either 15 posts + 2 weeks membership or purchase of premium membership for immediate access. Please see the forum rules for more details.

There are going to be some fakes, but there are definately real replacements out there. You will most likely have to pay over retail at this point due to supply and demand, but there are good sellers out there. Check feedback and contact the seller. Ebay has a guarantee policy, so you should be protected if they are not legit. It would be a good idea to get some from the forum as well. Once you are able to use the exchange you will find you are in the right place!

Does anyone know why they stopped producing the lenses? I know the first gen was made a while ago, but I mean you make an awesome metal frame that short of getting ran over will last a very long time but then discontinue lenses? I could see it if it was a cheaper, less durable frame, but not these.

Does anyone know why they stopped producing the lenses? I know the first gen was made a while ago, but I mean you make an awesome metal frame that short of getting ran over will last a very long time but then discontinue lenses? I could see it if it was a cheaper, less durable frame, but not these.

Search the forum a bit - that's been debated a few times. But nobody has the definitive answer.

Hit up Dr. Chop!!! I got 2 set of Juliet lens from him yesturday!!! He still has a few extra sets of lens I think!!!

He has a website

http://www.drchopshop.com/

He hook me up with a OEM ruby lens and a OEM fire polarized juliet lens. The cost of the lens were good deal compare to crazy ebay prices!!! While he was looking at my juliet frames, he even refinished one of my juliets.

Here a picture of my 2 new lens!! 20141125_131140_zpsf7sxmo8r.jpg

Hope that help in your search for lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back