• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lens Replacement Help??

Firstsage

Oakley Beginner
Utah
Hey guys,
The lenses I purchased from Dr. Chop just arrived! (Thank you sir!! Sorry for my misreading the payment instructions!) I got one swapped out no problem, but when I looked at the other screw I can already see that its fairly stripped! I just purchased these from a store 2 weeks ago! What options do I have? Could a Vault help me? :confused:

I would definitely take them back to the vault if you have the receipt. You can also try to to get the other screw out, just push kind of hard and very slowly and see if it will catch.

i tried. No go... there is a lens crafters down the street. i am here now and they are seeing what they can do. If not to the vault on Monday after work.

So, good and bad news..... First the good. Lens Crafters was able to loosen the screw and popped the lens out and popped the new lens in. Now the bad.... After I got the glasses back I noticed that it looked like the top layer film was now pealing a bit at the edge!
When I pointed this out to the tech she immediately apologized for anything they might have done, but also said that in the four years she has been working with these lenses she has never seen anything like this happen. That in her opinion this was a defect in the lens. As the conversation went on she recommended that I send the glasses to Oakley for warrenty work also stating that Oakley should warrenty the lenses as they are authentic Oakley lenses and this should not have happened and was a result of another defect in that the screws were stripped.....
Guess I will see what Oakley says on Monday. She did say that if Oakley gave me a hard time on this to get back with her and they would make it right as they have the ability to order custom lenses.
Wish me luck!

in my experience oakley is hell-bent on not warranting lens damage. but good luck!
So, good and bad news..... First the good. Lens Crafters was able to loosen the screw and popped the lens out and popped the new lens in. Now the bad.... After I got the glasses back I noticed that it looked like the top layer film was now pealing a bit at the edge!
When I pointed this out to the tech she immediately apologized for anything they might have done, but also said that in the four years she has been working with these lenses she has never seen anything like this happen. That in her opinion this was a defect in the lens. As the conversation went on she recommended that I send the glasses to Oakley for warrenty work also stating that Oakley should warrenty the lenses as they are authentic Oakley lenses and this should not have happened and was a result of another defect in that the screws were stripped.....
Guess I will see what Oakley says on Monday. She did say that if Oakley gave me a hard time on this to get back with her and they would make it right as they have the ability to order custom lenses.
Wish me luck!

Something like that though in my experience, they will replace. As long as they are not scratched, any kind of peeling, they have always warrantied for me.

Back