• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses Discontinued.

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
Weren't x metals marketed to last a lifetime?
I remember reading that they were somewhere. But just like other "lifetime warranty" guarantees, it might be for just the major parts (frames), but not the parts that make them function like new ( rubbers, gaskets, and more importantly. ..lenses.)

Multiple conversations with different folks [at Oakley] indicated they had demand quotas that translated into order thresholds. Once enough were ordered and/or backordered there was another run.
This makes perfectly good sense from my lifetime in supply chain operations. They have the blanks at HQ and cut them into what is needed when it is needed. I get it: accumulate a 100 pc backorder, tool up to do a 200 pc run, then sell the extra 100, accumulate 100 back orders and repeat. This also fits in with the O stores pulling Juliet lenses and sending them to vaults for closeout. Why would you want to tie up valuable space in a retail operation with a finite amount of presumably valuable space? How much is rent at a mall? Especially in a brick and mortar location, you want to fill it up with what turns (sells with frequency) not what doesn't. I get that too- all of it- so support them from HQ in the colors that do sell.
But just like other "lifetime warranty" guarantees, it might be for just the major parts (frames), but not the parts that make them function like new
Try to get a Mars or a Penny flex coupler done by HQ, that's the frame. Oakley has not supported these for years. They were happy to give you a 25% discount off a new piece of plastic though which would have brought their profit down a little bit on an item that they may or may not have been able to sell at full price elsewhere.
Is the flex coupler an example of planned obsolescence? Seriously "built to last a lifetime... but we won't support them".
At any rate I'm sure that Linegear, Walleva, Seek, Revant or any other third party could not be happier.

I called Oakley today to chat about a few things, asked about lenses during the conversations.

Here is what they believe to be true at this time...

Juliet lenses, there are 4 SKUs left in stock moving forward. These are the only Juliet lenses that are supposed to be available moving forward [aside from Rx orders]:

BIP - 3 in stock, more on the way due 5-Oct
Fire - 128 in stock (no pending orders)
Ice - 24 in stock (no pending orders)
Grey - 19, more on the way 17-Oct

Note: BI - TBD, not sure, computers being weird

Discontinued Juliet lenses (per multiple individuals at Oakley, includes stock at all stores in the system):
VR28BIP (a few are left in retail/distribution)
Ruby (a few are left in retail/distribution)
Gold (none anywhere, gone)
Gold Polar (none anywhere, gone)
Tungsten (none anywhere, gone)
Bronze (none anywhere, gone)
Titanium (none anywhere, gone)
Emerald (none anywhere, gone)
Fire Polarized (none anywhere, gone)
...that is all I asked about - I also called my local Vault to confirm the above from the retail/distribution side.

Other notables:

24K Juliet TiPolar (600197-001) - warranty only, send in, 16 left in stock, no orders pending
24K X-Squared TiPolar (600180-001) - warranty only, send in, 16 left in stock, no orders pending

C SIX CF lenses, 67-846 - None in stock, no order pending... Tungsten IR = Gone!
C SIX Aluminum lenses, 67-848, warranty only, 99 pairs left =] (also depends on who you ask - one person told me 0, another told me 99, the 99 was correct as the 0 had the dash in the wrong place)

For those of you who need a drink after reading any of the above Oakley authorized optometrists can have Oakley make you just about any C SIX, Juliet, or other X-Metal - yes, even a Romeo, Mars, XX, etc... even if that Rx is +/- "0" ;)

Last edited:
I called Oakley today to chat about a few things, asked about lenses during the conversations.

Here is what they believe to be true at this time...

Juliet lenses, there are 4 SKUs left in stock moving forward. These are the only Juliet lenses that are supposed to be available moving forward [aside from Rx orders]:

BIP - 3 in stock, more on the way due 5-Oct
Fire - 128 in stock (no pending orders)
Ice - 24 in stock (no pending orders)
Grey - 19, more on the way 17-Oct

Note: BI - TBD, not sure, computers being weird

Discontinued Juliet lenses (per multiple individuals at Oakley, includes stock at all stores in the system):
VR28 (a few are left in retail/distribution)
Ruby (a few are left in retail/distribution)
Gold (none anywhere, gone)
Gold Polar (none anywhere, gone)
Tungsten (none anywhere, gone)
Bronze (none anywhere, gone)
Titanium (none anywhere, gone)
Emerald (none anywhere, gone)
Fire Polarized (none anywhere, gone)
...that is all I asked about - I also called my local Vault to confirm the above from the retail/distribution side.

Other notables:

24K Juliet TiPolar (600197-001) - warranty only, send in, 16 left in stock, no orders pending
24K X-Squared TiPolar (600180-001) - warranty only, send in, 16 left in stock, no orders pending

C SIX CF lenses, 67-846 - None in stock, no order pending... Tungsten IR = Gone!
C SIX Aluminum lenses, 67-848, warranty only, 99 pairs left =] (also depends on who you ask - one person told me 0, another told me 99, the 99 was correct as the 0 had the dash in the wrong place)

For those of you who need a drink after reading any of the above Oakley authorized optometrists can have Oakley make you just about any C SIX, Juliet, or other X-Metal - yes, even a Romeo, Mars, XX, etc... even if that Rx is +/- "0" ;)

Thanks for such a complete answer. I'm glad I stocked up on a few sets of VR28 BIP earlier this year...

Thanks for such a complete answer.

You're welcome :)
We're here to share stuff like this, right?

One more note on the VR28BIPs and Rubies... There are probably +/-200 of each left out there in retail. It is difficult to get exact numbers pending inventory, but there are certainly some to be had. Unfortunately, they will have to be purchased locally in person at the stores currently holding them, at least for the next couple of weeks. This is because in many/most cases the stores are doing inventory, or will be soon and that freezes transfers of merchandise between stores. In other words your local O-store/Vault won't be able to have these shipped in from another store tomorrow and held for you [as some of us may have done before on occasion :rolleyes:]. That approach should work after inventory is complete, which is closer to the middle to end of this month for most retail locations ;)

You're welcome :)
We're here to share stuff like this, right?

One more note on the VR28BIPs and Rubies... There are probably +/-200 of each left out there in retail. It is difficult to get exact numbers pending inventory, but there are certainly some to be had. Unfortunately, they will have to be purchased locally in person at the stores currently holding them, at least for the next couple of weeks. This is because in many/most cases the stores are doing inventory, or will be soon and that freezes transfers of merchandise between stores. In other words your local O-store/Vault won't be able to have these shipped in from another store tomorrow and held for you [as some of us may have done before on occasion :rolleyes:]. That approach should work after inventory is complete, which is closer to the middle to end of this month for most retail locations ;)
Thanks for taking the time to give us that great "executive summary" !!! :)
Thank G ( or other deity of your choice) for the people on this forum that have more or better manage their time than I do !!! ;)

I went to my local vault got the last ruby and vr28polarized with a scratch so I got the vr28 for 60 discounted price. I called 2 other retailers in my area none of them carry Juliet lenses at all so I guess more colors will be discontinued.:(

went to my local vault got the last ruby and vr28polarized with a scratch so I got the vr28 for 60 discounted price.

I'm glad to hear that you got something :)

I have stashed a few VR28BIPs early this year. Now, I have another 2 or 3 of those and a pair of Frubys waiting for me tomorrow, I'll be doing some driving... When you get to the store(s) do not hesitate to ask the ?'s again - what they have, what other stores have... One store I spoke with saw 5 Emeralds out in a store, but believe it has since been closed - they went somewhere - we not sure they are out there, but we are not sure they are not ;)!!!

Just a heads up. I called Oakley RX department today about ordering a set of Romeo 1 Rx lenses. They told they can cut an RX lens even if there is no rx Strength. Meaning you can order RX Oakley lenses for your x metals and Oakley will make them. the cost for the x squared and romeo 1 is approx $315 shipped through the vendor ( I ordered BIP) I prefer to use. they are Oakley Authorized, and pretty damn amazing. www.sportrx.com Ask for Tim, he is the guy who worked with me.