• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses Discontinued.

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
Yes you could, but not rx strength. I'm a pilot, even though my vision is 20/20 uncorrected I have an astigmatism that requires the use of rx while flying.... Stupid Dr. put it on my medical. Anyways, yes you are right you could have them cut from another Oakley lens, but i prefer to have Oakley make the lens. Also their RX lenses have different coatings that make them much more scratch resistant. I have had Oakleys since i was 15 (32 now), and until I ordered the rx strength back in 2011 I would go through lenses at least once a year. I have had the rx lenses in my x squared (daily use) since July 2011, and still not a single scratch into the lens. some fine scratches into the coating have shown up, but they are unnoticeable unless you hold them at certain angles and view directly under a light source....

Just my 2 cents...

Well, looks like the rumors were true and the lenses are essentially discontinued from the factory. Personally, I think there is a silver lining in all this. We have several prominent members on this forum who can custom cut (and have been custom cutting for quite some time) the lenses we want/need. The lack of available factory lenses may actually increase membership and interest in this forum because of the ability to obtain custom cut Oakley lenses. So, am I sad we can no longer obtain lenses from the factory, yes... But, I'm grateful to be on this forum with such a great and helpful group of people. If I ever need new lenses in the future I'm confident the members of this forum will help hook me up. So, in the meantime, I'll keep on rockin' my Juliets :)

Lenses will about double in cost - is that the silver part? :)
And we will probably see another forum chopper enter the arena, that would be my guess.

My local Vault didnt even stock juliet lenses due to it being a new store,, but i did buy them out of the juliet ear / nose replacements :D
Hearing this news urges me to go ahead and order a pair of Black Iridium polarized from their site. ( never mind,,just checked the site and they only have grey,fruby and ice iridiums):(
Would the VR28 BIP be recommended to get? ( if they can be tracked down that is) or can they be custom cut?

VR28 BIP is a beautiful, versatile lens. Yes, recommended. I don't know if it's available in a suitable donor, but even if it is, the added expense of custom cutting makes it worth grabbing some originals while you still can.

I'm glad to hear that you got something :)

I have stashed a few VR28BIPs early this year. Now, I have another 2 or 3 of those and a pair of Frubys waiting for me tomorrow, I'll be doing some driving... When you get to the store(s) do not hesitate to ask the ?'s again - what they have, what other stores have... One store I spoke with saw 5 Emeralds out in a store, but believe it has since been closed - they went somewhere - we not sure they are out there, but we are not sure they are not ;)!!!
VR28 BIP is a beautiful, versatile lens. Yes, recommended. I don't know if it's available in a suitable donor, but even if it is, the added expense of custom cutting makes it worth grabbing some originals while you still can.
or you can sell one of your kro;)

i know the VR28 BIP is available in the XLJ flak jackets,,which are suitable donor lenses ,according to the lens cutting table.