• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses Fitting Issue

FlexusLexus

Oakley Beginner
Memphis, TN
I have an issue that Im hopping to get help with. I have two pairs of Juliets. The first being second gen titanium, and second being new carbons from what Oakey just sold on web site. I just received some lenses from Walleva and when installed in the carbons are loose and will come out with pressure applied. But installed in the titanium they fit perfect. I emailed Walleva and they stated that the lenses should fit. Are there any differences between old second gen titanium and new carbons( 04-148)?

Do your other lenses fit fine in the carbon pair? I've seen some Juliets that have this same issue even with Oakley lenses.

Alternatively the finish might have something to do with it, though I'm no expert

Yes the titanium lenses fit in the carbon. The aftermarket lenses are thinner, so the only thing I can figure out is that has something to do with it.

its hit or miss with the juliets,some lenses fit and some don't.if they float around in the orbital use a very thin strip of electrical tape in the orbital groove and that always cures the problem for me.

its hit or miss with the juliets,some lenses fit and some don't.if they float around in the orbital use a very thin strip of electrical tape in the orbital groove and that always cures the problem for me.

Thanks X-man I just got a pair of ichiro lenses where the right lens fits like a glove and the left lens with the inscription moves around in the orbital and i was thinking on how to fix the problem! Is this normal, like the lens is not in danger of coming out... i tried to get it to come out it wont. But yet it moves.

lenses and casted frames will never be identical.some have this issue and some don't.i always suspect the lens because the casting will always cast the same...people can argue all day about this fact but the molten metal always fills the same void in an investment cast mold.we are talking about a few thousanths of an inch on some frame to orbital fit but its enough to drive us crazy.try the tape method in the groove or try different lenses.i think the x-squared installs a permanent rubber "bumper" for this reason at the inside top of the orbital.so obviously they knew this was an issue too.

Last edited:
as explained by the x-man - it's a very small amount that the lens moves. it seems worse than it actualy is because of the rattling!

i cured mine by first determining which way the lens was loose - in my case side to side.
after removing lens i then applied a small amount of clear silicon sealant in the lens groove where needed. i wiped away the surplus as only a very small amount is needed. after letting completely cure, i re-installed the lens.

Latest Posts

Back