• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses Generation Counter

borgs

Oakley Beginner
How does one count lens generations? is it by the date on the lens box (shown here are 10/22/2013 and 1/9/2014)? or is it counted according to the generation of the frame? I only ask because I've heard people say "oh those are 1st gen Ruby lenses" or "oh, those look like 2nd gen". All I know up to this point is that 1st gen Ruby lenses are more purple/red than yellow/reddish orange.

IMG_5426.jpg

Last edited:
Oh okay. I feel like such a noob for over-complicating things. Now I'm trying to figure out how to delete this thread. I don't think it adds value to the forum at all. I apologize.

I have to interrupt and and say that this thread has a lot of value... I use to ask myself the same question and this forum grows each week/month

All I know is I would love a first gen pair of ruby lenses......without paying collector prices.

You know ive been wondering if the lenses changed when they released the "J" serial numbered frame variation gunmetal frames? Anyone know if the lenses they used in those look the same as the rubies they made just recently? Cheers, JP

I bought a pair of rubys a month ago at my vault. They actually have good purple hue and were produced in 2013. Look very close to my x serial in the 20k range.

and @borgs wanted to actually delete this thread.... Only goes to show there is no crappy thread

Thanks Greg. :) But my question did sound a bit goofy to me after I had asked it. I hope the x-metal subject matter experts here still share their knowledge though. It would make for an interesting read, like the info on serialized frames.