• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses

...but the fact that their website stock has gone from 8 (at least i think it was 8) to 4 available lense colors makes me nervous, lol.
Yes, it was 8 before - BI, BIP, ice, fire, ruby, VR28 BIP, grey and tungsten. Oh well, better stock up on some of the 4. Not grey though, one unused pair of those is plenty...

I don't really understand why Oakley would allow this to happen.
I mean the frame is made of metal which means it will last for long long time which also means all the owners will need more than
one pair of lenses during ownership if they decide to keep the glasses.
Why can't Oakley just remake the lenses again so it would be enough for another 10 years?
I would say its not cost effective. And because of LUX too.

I dont see how it's not cost effective? Its a massive company now owned by an even bigger company with a the tools to make the lenses, the cost is already there as they have to pay the worker and overheads anyway as they still make lenses for the other glasses, just cut them in the shape of juliets.

The Japanese site still shows 5 lenses, with Ruby the additional one compared to US/UK. However, the Ruby has "Zaiko nashi" against it, meaning no stock.

I dont see how it's not cost effective? Its a massive company now owned by an even bigger company with a the tools to make the lenses, the cost is already there as they have to pay the worker and overheads anyway as they still make lenses for the other glasses, just cut them in the shape of juliets.
This.

No reason they can't edge them for juliets. The machine doesn't care

So I talked with the framesdirect people today. Their site says they have Ruby replacement lenses. They said they are on backorder and expect them Oct 23. So maybe Oakley is just waiting to do another run once demand is high enough. Hopefully we will see more lenses back on their website by the end of October and they aren't discontinuing production...

To what joecool stated, the XX shows only black iridium right now. 2 or 3 weeks ago, the 24k was the only option. Last week, both black iridium and 24k.

It goes in runs.

Hmmmm went to the vault here in vegas they 1 ruby and vr28 polarized i bought them both. The rep stated we have not gotten any lenses in the juliets lately and said that they are discontinuing them dont know if thats true. I also called one of the store here at the fashion mall they have zero i mean none. The rep said they wont be getting anytime soon so who knows only time can tell. They carry the rubbers though.

Good to know they come in runs xmetal40. Certainly hoping this is the case and these rumors about discontinuation aren't true. Like I said, the gal I talked to in the warranty dept seemed new, like she was learning, so hopefully we will see a return of the lenses soon. Having said that, I've picked up the lenses I think I may want in the future just in case. It's not like I'll ever pay less than the retail price I can still get at the vault...

Back