1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. HJames2990

HJames2990 Oakley Beginner

Hey guys, just got a pair of juliets. Used, but in GREAT condition for $175 off craigslist. The right orbital is loose, but not to the point where it's noticable unless your holding them and bending them on purpose. I'd like to get them tightened but what does oakley charge for this and what do they do? Do they replace the frames, tighten them, or just replace the stuff?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

it really depends on what they glasses need. if they need something replaced they will do that or if they need to be tightened they will do that. charge also depends on what they fix. im pretty sure they go through the whole frame and clean them

3. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

The X Metal tune up is $64.99 plus you pay to ship to them. They (according to them...I've had cases where it seemed they only tightened the nosebridge) break down the entire frame, replace all the rubber, the washers at the orbitals and earstems and tighten the rivets on the nosebridge. There ARE cases I have heard of where sometimes they just ship you a new frame and/or toss in some new lenses free....but its never happened to me personally.

4. HJames2990

I called them yesterday and I got a customer service number, now I just gotta save up the cash to send them in. It's hard to keep up oakleys when you're 15 man

5. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Its gotten to the point with Juliets that if I need to have them tightened and I can find a new replacement pair on Ebay, I just sell them loose on eBay and buy the new pair. Usually I get within $10, $15 of the cost of the tightening....and a whole new pair. However with discontinued or unique models like my XX or Titanium Juliets, that's not an option, though the loosening I've all but solved by putting on and removing the glasses over the top of my head.

6. HJames2990

Well see these are special to me, they're my first pair and they've got sentimental value, i've spent a long time saving for them too. I think they might be first generations too, the coin has 1999 on it. I'm not sure if that's just saying that 1999 was the date the juliet was made or if it was the year the glasses were made

7. ucdavis4PT0gpa

The coins said 1999 until 2009 when the coin was changed. That's just the year they were originally made. Do you have a Serial Number on the inside of either earstem? If you do and can give me that, I can't tell you what generation they are. Oakley stopped putting Serials on in I believe 2004 or thereabouts.

8. leafsfan

leafsfan Oakley Beginner

I've just bought a pair off Ebay....and am wondering if i didn't get a fake. The Rivets that hold the Nose piece aren't that tight and the Micro Fiber bag has the small tag on the upper right side with a white pull string. And the Lens chart is white not black. Any thoughts would be appreciated

9. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Oakley has recently switched to white lens charts and the new bag design has the smaller tag on the side vs the big one on the bottom. Now....I'm not surprised the nosebridge is loose...its quite possible they were worn a lot or just loosened quickly (I've had some sets loosen more quickly than others). Juliets are pretty hard to fake well...you can tell pretty easily and I have seen few fakes on eBay lately- I think you're fine

10. leafsfan

leafsfan Oakley Beginner

Well, they shouldn't have been worn as the listing was for "new" Oakley Juliets. I'm happy the rest is good. Thanks for the reply. Had me worried there for a minute :)