1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EliasCGR

EliasCGR Oakley Beginner

I've been browsing the forum for a few hours and found information on an apparent recurrent issue with the nose bridge couplers of some X-Metal models degrading. I had my Juleits stored for some time and when I got them out, they were loose and saggy from the nose bridge. For what I have learned, I can get the couplers and replacements pins from LINEGEAR, but, how difficult is to to perform the actual swap? Can anybody share their experience? Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Send @THE X-MAN a PM, he does tune-ups on X-metal frames, it's not a job you want to attemp yourself.

gulfstream likes this.
  3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

You need a specialized tool to remove and replace the pins, and you can easily **** it up and damage the nosebridge unless you're practiced at it.

Instead use the x-man as Wicked just mentioned. He's done hundreds of pairs, fast turnaround, and top quality work.

4. EliasCGR

EliasCGR Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys, I will contact @THE X-MAN ASAP!!! I just hope not to have issues shipping from Mexico... or to be precise getting my glasses back. Usually the sending TO the US is easy... but Mexican customs are a drag!

gulfstream and joecool862 like this.
  5. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

He just did 5 frames for me this week :)

discostu likes this.
  6. EliasCGR

EliasCGR Oakley Beginner

Nice collection! I only have the Juliets left... the ones on my profile picture I lost a few years ago when I started using prescription glasses again. I had to change glass constantly and left them somewhere. :(

7. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum! You're making the right decision to send to x-man. His couplers are stronger than the original and take far longer to break down. In fact, I don't believe anyone, to my knowledge, that has had an x-man tune up has needed anther tune up on their glasses!

supersharp likes this.
  8. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I believe @CarGuy has the very first pair that the @THE X-MAN has ever tuned.

supersharp and joecool862 like this.
  9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

10. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Not car guy,i believe it was jcs12

joecool862 and supersharp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.