• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Nosebridge - How Much Play?

big bopper

Oakley Expert
Yorkshire, UK
Just picked up a pair which I'm very happy with overall, frames & lenses are as near as dammit a 10 all the rubber looks good & arms are tight - the seller said they'd only been worn a few times and based on this I'm inclined to believe it.

The only thing bothering me a little is that the nosebridge seems a little loose. The problem is I've never had a pair of Juliets before so I've got no frame of reference as to how tight they should actually be. I've only got a pair of Penny's which are fresh back from tuneup and are extremely tight. Is there generally less play in the Penny's than Juliet's?

The rubbers inside look good. They will flex under light pressure and if I hold them level and let go of one side they will sag slightly, though there is certainly no metal-on-metal contact.

Not the easiest thing to explain without a vid but hope that makes some sort of sense - any views appreciated.

Cheers,

the juliet, freshly tuned, is looser than the Penny im my experience. penny is rock solid when fresh. juliets are not.. no metal to metal is what you want, although, FRESH, they shouldnt sag under their own weight..?

Thanks guys, on second inspection I'm probably over-fiddling! There is some play there, but to be honest it's not that bad - comparing it to the Penny's was probably the mistake!

Cheers,

Latest Posts

Back