• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Juliet OEM size 15 temple shocks

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi.

I have plenty of spare 25s in plain old black but a couple of my pairs of glasses have 25s installed and that makes them a shade uncomfortable for me.

So if anyone has spare 15s, OEM only, in ordinary black that they'd be willing to let go of, let's talk :)

Some people reacted to this post.
I can sort you there pal!

Cheers Stu, I'll drop you a PM :)

No prob!

PM

The generosity of forum members comes through again (thanks @discostu and @saulsaul). Immediate need is resolved but I'll leave this up here for now, it never hurts to have spares.

Makes such a difference in comfort for me, switching from 25s to 15s :)

That's great, last time I needed a pair of temple shocks (to replace a 15 by 25), i shed almost the equivalent of $10. I guess some forum perks and camaraderie can't be enjoyed since I'm here in Philippines.

Username Hidden said:
Experts, I own 3 Juliets, and have 15s and 25s. Never swapped them. How do they change the comfort of a pair? Is there a special tool needed to change them?
Thx
The temple shocks is the easiest rubber part that can be remove, no special tools needed, i use a tooth pick (the non pointy end). The fit could improve depending on your head size, shape.

Username Hidden said:
Will the 25 make the stem tighter?
It will limit how wide the stem will open and should be tighter, but it will depend on how the fit will feel to you.

Username Hidden said:
That's great, last time I needed a pair of temple shocks (to replace a 15 by 25), i shed almost the equivalent of $10. I guess some forum perks and camaraderie can't be enjoyed since I'm here in Philippines.
I'm in Tokyo and Carrera is UK based. No borders when it comes to metal obsession! Pm me next time you need something :)