• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet plasma/ice 1g lenses

sorraboguh

Oakley Beginner
Need to know if the 1g juliet plasma/ ice iridium without serial number lenses are hydrofobic or have some protection agaist dust or/and water... Or the first Juliets have just a simple iridium lenses? Thanks!

Sorry about my english :agree:

@jdd32 Is it the same? What i meant to say is that, if you have the hydrophobic lenses, you still have to reapply the applicator right? How long will each application normally last?
I have the hydrophobic applicator of Oakley but it seams to last only a few hours when im at sea (but i might be doing it wrong)
Thanks

@jdd32 Is it the same? What i meant to say is that, if you have the hydrophobic lenses, you still have to reapply the applicator right? How long will each application normally last?
I have the hydrophobic applicator of Oakley but it seams to last only a few hours when im at sea (but i might be doing it wrong)
Thanks

You have to let the hydrophobic liquid to cure on the lenses first before use. Mine last for weeks but it doesn't get wet often. With sea spray it should last a few days I'd imagine, but really depends how often it gets wet and you wipe them. Bear in mind salt water is corrosive so I wouldn't be surprised if the coating doesn't last as long relatively to dry use on land

@jdd32 When you say cure, how long do you leave it on to cure (do you swab it with the oakley sauce and leave it on for x amount of time and then wipe it down right)? To be honest only sea water removes mine quickly, eg. with pool water it last a day or two. But for it to last more, that only happens when i am far away from water :p

Cheers

I leave mine overnight because I don't need them in a hurry. You're supposed to wait until white powder is formed so that the excess can be wiped away. I also wash my lenses with soft hand wash before the hydrophobic applicator to ensure there's no oils or grime on the lenses

@jdd32 Nice info!! I will definitely try it this way, I only left it for 10 mins max. Never even saw the white powder form
Thank you very much!