• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Polarized Black Lenses

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ok y'all are the Juliet experts. I am wanting a pair of black polarized lenses. Who makes the best lenses either in a mirror type layer or something that is so dark others can't see my eyes? I take medication I need to live but it makes my eyes look strange and I don't like others to see , so I appreciate the info. I am also willing to have someone custom cut them if that will give the best outcome, just tell me what donor and who can do the best job at cutting them. As always I want to thank y'all ahead of time for all your help.
God Bless
NCH

Oakley Black Iridium Polarized aka BIP is a neutral tint lens with a 9% light transmission, the darkest you can get and still have a category 3 tint.

8% and lower are classified as category 4 and are considered too dark for driving, is even illegal to do so in some places. Category 4 are for specialized applications like hiking on glaciers. Oakley doesn't make category 4 lenses, nor am I aware of any aftermarket replacements that dark, either.

So BIP is your best bet and yes, they'll hide your eyes.

Though TBH you don't have to go that far; most Oakley Iridium lenses will hide your eyes, even with a higher trans %, if that's all you're really looking for.

Ok y'all are the Juliet experts. I am wanting a pair of black polarized lenses. Who makes the best lenses either in a mirror type layer or something that is so dark others can't see my eyes? I take medication I need to live but it makes my eyes look strange and I don't like others to see , so I appreciate the info. I am also willing to have someone custom cut them if that will give the best outcome, just tell me what donor and who can do the best job at cutting them. As always I want to thank y'all ahead of time for all your help.
God Bless
NCH

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/new-penny-titanium-ice.49280/page-2#post-609303

Have a look on post number 15.
There are my juliet carbon with BIP

Black iridium polarized, Ice iridium polarized, VR28 black iridium polarized and titanium iridium polarized should all be good. The first two are neutral lenses, last two are contrast lenses and give a pinkish and brownish tint respectively.
All are pretty dark (about 10%) and your eyes are not visible under normal conditions.
If you check out the X-metal sale section on the forum you will probably find some. They can also be custom cut by some members here.

One ebay seller has original Oakley VR28 black iridium polarized for $60 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakley-Juli...DIUM-Polarized-Authentic-Lenses-/191702554171

I knew y'all would give me the right info. Thanks for the lesson on the different categories, I had no idea. I believe my first pair of carbon framed Juliets had the BIP lenses in them, and from what I remember they worked out just fine. Thanks to all of you that took the time to reply. Hope y'all have a great day, I am going to lense shopping. That deal on Ebay will be hard to beat. May see if he has more than one set, sounds like I am late to the party, but lenses and rubbers can be hard to find in the future. Thank God we have members here that can do the custom cutting if needed.
God Bless
NCH

Quick question, I have found 2 sets of replacement lenses and I am wondering which one will have the most mirror type reflection? I don't like people to be able to see my eyes. They are both Oakley Lenses, one is the very popular Black Iridium Polarized and the other is the Titanium Iridium Polarized lenses. Supposedly the titanium lenses only came on the 24k glasses, but none of that matters to me. Thanks ahead of time, as usual.
NCH

Quick question, I have found 2 sets of replacement lenses and I am wondering which one will have the most mirror type reflection? I don't like people to be able to see my eyes. They are both Oakley Lenses, one is the very popular Black Iridium Polarized and the other is the Titanium Iridium Polarized lenses. Supposedly the titanium lenses only came on the 24k glasses, but none of that matters to me. Thanks ahead of time, as usual.
NCH
BIP by far. Titanium is a great lens but not the best at hiding eyes in direct sunlight.

Back