• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Prizms

Carrera1963

Lover of Juliet
Premium Member
UK
So I wanted to be in on Oakley's new Prizm range of lenses, but the Juliet remains by far my favourite frame. What to do, what to do? Turn to the forum's custom cutters of course, in this case @InfiniteHero .

image.jpg

From left to right, top to bottom:

X-metal/Golf - already said I like this one a lot, what it can do to grass is quite incredible! A greeny-blue sheen on an obviously rose lens.

Plasma/Road - literally just mounted, so no real wearing impressions yet. Looks very much like a +red or OO red externally.

X-metal/H2O Shallow - not used it near water yet. Prettier irl than in photos. Lens base is browner than Golf, but the iridium is a strong emerald green (real emerald not the more washed out Oakley take), kind of like a greener Jade without the purple edges.

Polished/H2O Deep - like these a lot. Again not used near water, but I reckon usable daily. Made the cloudless sky today look very nice! And such a beautiful lens, it's a pale ice blue.

Last edited:
have you tried swapping the polished and plasma lenses? i think that would go quite well. or even better, send Sacramento

Love the colour of the deep water. Can't see the emerald clearly in this pic of the shallow.... Mainly looks brown. Will you try daily polarised at some point?

have you tried swapping the polished and plasma lenses? i think that would go quite well. or even better, send Sacramento
Maybe, but I have a polished/OO red that might look like a duplicate if I did that. Besides the Deep polished is JB-serialled and this is at least a blue lens ;)

Love the colour of the deep water. Can't see the emerald clearly in this pic of the shallow.... Mainly looks brown. Will you try daily polarised at some point?
Yes, it looks much greener in the case - will try a pic there. DPP still seems a bit of a compromise to me but might try it at some stage I guess... never say never with me and Juliet lenses!

As you know I've also been a bit of a fan of the new Prizm line, now owning Trail, Road, Daily, and Deep H2O. But I got them all in Radarlock path for high-activity use situations. They've done quite well in that role (BTW using Daily with a brimmed hat doing yardwork in bright sunlight has been perfect) but the problem is, I don't really care for Radarlock as daily wear in a fashion sense; much prefer my x-metals, especially Juliets...

So it's kinda ironic - at about the same time that you were posting this thread, I was thinking to myself, "I should pick up half a dozen more Juliet frames and put an array of Prizm cuts in them..." And here you are, gone down that same path... ;)

And with my spending hiatus, it'll be quite some time, if ever, before I actually do that... :(

Very nice! :hi:

Back