• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Purchases Since Joining The Forum

Nice collection, I just got my second pair of Juliets, a Ducati, let's see if I don't end up like you... ;)
I really liked your last addition, the carbon with 24k lenses, looks beautiful.

I think there have been another 6 or so since the JC, but it's certainly one of the nicest Juliet colourways, thanks. Worth looking about for, though some of them on offer are clones - look for JC serials if you want an original.

And I fear you will find 2 is not enough for the same reasons 1 wasn't!

View attachment 98257
So yesterday I had to go to FedEx to collect some tungsten Juliet lenses, as they apparently cannot be bothered to deliver at convenient times... Their depot is about halfway to the Gunwharf Vault, and I was tempted to make the journey but it was wet and I felt unwell, so turned back for home.

Today was sunny again, so I thought I'd do the run today instead. I had a look around the Vault, idly poked around some Radars and M-Frames before looking in the cases where they keep some rarer stuff. Nothing really unexpected, so I made my way to the tiny case embedded in the wall where they keep some more unusual stuff.

Ok, those again and...oh? What's that on top? Carbon/BIP Juliets, boxed with coin and spare rubber? Yeah, I'm having those! According to the sales assistant they only arrived this morning, a single pair. They expected them to sit there a while, I think, but they only lasted a morning!

Brand new and unworn, split case, coin and replacement rubber. Only drawback is the big sticker has been removed and replaced with a more generic one but I can live with that.

The backpack was thrown in free because I'd spent more than £200. Not the large haul some members come back from vaults with, but a nice find for me - and one I might have missed had I gone yesterday as originally intended...

And the most recent arrival, the copper-plated Juliet that @Gecko had up for sale recently. I've swapped the gold iridium lenses it came with for a new set of tungsten I had, and I'm happy with the result. The lenses are blacker and less transparent irl.

ZdJioj.jpg

The current case set-up - I can't fit everything in, will have to move up to double- or at least single-wide so some of the ones that I wear less often are sitting in their boxes at the moment.

jjLL92.jpg

And by "everything", I just mean all the Juliets. I haven't been able to fit the non-Juliets in for ages now!

cv5RNR.jpg

The new arrival is the polished/OO red polar on top (courtesy of Doc Chop), the other is plasma/+red that I've had for a while (lenses from Sibolang).

I've always liked +red, my very first pair of Oakleys (crystal black 2nd gen Frogs) had that lens, so I always wanted it in a Juliet and it's nice to add the OO red too. Especially as I don't have OO red in anything else (I have OO BIP Holbrooks, but this is my first red).

Heh, as the one finish I was originally not too fussed about getting, the OO red pair means polished is now level with carbon and only one behind plasma. Still not my favourite though.

Stunning! I have a polished plasma pair in my sights right now, but need to get the seller down a little bit more... Your an inspiration (in a good/bad kinda way ;))

Stunning! I have a polished plasma pair in my sights right now, but need to get the seller down a little bit more... Your an inspiration (in a good/bad kinda way ;))
Thanks! There were some bad influences when I joined the forum, guess it's now my turn :)

Polished and plasma are two different finishes though - polished should have hammer stems (with a kink in) whereas plasma's are straight. Plasma are more common but I prefer that finish to polished.

Thanks! There were some bad influences when I joined the forum, guess it's now my turn :)

Polished and plasma are two different finishes though - polished should have hammer stems (with a kink in) whereas plasma's are straight. Plasma are more common but I prefer that finish to polished.
Strong point. Yeah I frequently get the two confused. I like the hammer stems always felt that was a edgy look. Thanks for the info though! I have a carbon and a grey one? Maybe x metal finish,its like a mat grey really. I don't really know all the frame colors...

Back