• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Purchases Since Joining The Forum

based on what i have, the early plasmas tend to get yellowish over time.
titanium is brownish and pretty "slippery" in feel, much like the titanium r1 as well
newer plasmas are very different from the earlier plasmas. newer ones have this "stainless steel" look.
x metal is, yup, slightly rough to the touch...
polished is pretty obvious (especially with the hammerstems).

Personally I prefer the semi-polished "stainless steel" look of latter-gen plasma, but many seem to nose-up it because it was so common. But whatever floats your boat...

Personally I prefer the semi-polished "stainless steel" look of latter-gen plasma, but many seem to nose-up it because it was so common. But whatever floats your boat...
yeah, the plasmas are definitely common. so far, that is what most people tend to sell when they need some funds. polished and x metal finishes are much better IMO.

I quite like the later plasma finish too Kronin, you're not alone :) A lot of the production of 4th gen in particular does seem to have been the plasma though, so they don't have the cachet of being even slightly uncommon.

And no @freakface , you can't have my polisheds cheap, I can live with them very well too!

A lot of the production of 4th gen in particular does seem to have been the plasma

My first pair (not just of x-metal but of Oaks period) were 4th gen plasma; I totally fell in love with them. So either I'm biased or I just really prefer that finish. Either way, it is what it is. But I like other finishes, too - my second pair were x-metal finish, a few months after my first...

My first pair (not just of x-metal but of Oaks period) were 4th gen plasma; I totally fell in love with them. So either I'm biased or I just really prefer that finish. Either way, it is what it is. But I like other finishes, too - my second pair were x-metal finish, a few months after my first...
My first Juliets were plasma/ice 4th gen, although much more recently - I fell for them too and you know what they say about first love!

My first Oakleys though were 2nd gen Frogs in crystal black/+red, when the X-metal line was not yet even a twinkle in Oakley's eye :) Probably a part of why I'm a big fan of +red even now.

My first Juliets were plasma/ice 4th gen, although much more recently

Yep that was it for me, too - plasma / ice (polar). Though I put BIP in them after a couple of years. Not because I didn't like the ice but really because colored lenses weren't popular at the time and I wore them for everything, including business...

Just some lenses this time. I saw @350nick 's post recommending @salj838 's Oakley On The Spot site for replacement lenses and took a look. I'd already seen the site when idly looking for additional JBRs, but hadn't looked beyond the vintage offering.

There are some interesting cuts, including a lens that I'd been considering for Juliets for a while. So they arrived today:

b8ypLL.jpg

These are OEM customs and replace the Linegear ruby clears I had in there before, which were ok but I prefer to go OEM. Still relatively high transmission but they cut out quite a bit more than the ruby clears.

I'll echo Nick's recommendation - great comms, quick despatch and a perfect cut.

There's a "wear pink" day for breast cancer awareness coming up; I'll team these with a pink shirt, should look the business. After a late sunny spell, it looks like things are getting gloomier here in the UK so they might get a fair bit of use.

damn, VERY NICE collection. I don't wear Juliets that often, prefer xx&r1's but i am definitely inspired to get more julies...

@dragonvoi , from someone with such a nice Romeo collection, that's appreciated :)

I tend to think of the Juliet as being the most versatile x-metal frame, but you've done a great job of making the Romeo look versatile too! In the pic of the 14, does the polished pair top right have G30 lenses in? One of my favourite lenses.

I should take a group shot of mine but, with two more on the way and miserable weather here, that might have to wait a bit...

Back