• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet re-work

Harrito

Oakley Beginner
Hello everybody,

I am collecting X-metal products.
Just recently bougth a --Initial run Juliet -- with the typical X.... number.

Now I would like to get the nosebrige reworked, since it is a bit loose.
Other than that the conditions of the glasses are good, and all equipment ( box, warranty, extra nose bombs, coin etc. etc. ) came with glasses.

I am living in Germany.
When I checked now the Forum, I would hesitate to send the glasses now to Ilinois to X-Man, even I would trust his reputation.
Ist more about customs forward and backward.

Does anybody know somebody in Germany who will do the reworks of the nosebridge???
-------------------------
BTW:
I had them already at Oakley Germany, they just laughed about it, saying that they dont do it anymore since more than a year.
Thank you for any Support of this side of the ocean.

BR
Harald

Don't know of anybody in Germany. Though I understand your misgivings with international shipping, be aware that the x-man does international stuff all the time. Best wishes.

Sounds like you've really done your research and you've been reading through the forum! I'll give another +1 for the X-Man. His work is legit. If I lived overseas and I could afford it I wouldn't hesitate to send my glasses to him for tune up/repair. Heck, you may never need to send them in for tightening ever again!

You have to consider that the risk of shipping across customs borders, for me in the UK as an example, is an additional ~22% of the value of the glasses (plus shipping costs, rather insultingly) to get the glasses back.

Through no fault of The X-Man and none of the owner, for some of my most expensive pairs that would make the transaction ~$250 more expensive and that gives pause for thought.

I don't know if German import duty is based on MWSt the same way as the UK's is based on VAT but the consideration is the same.

@Harrito , Oakley UK have still been doing tune ups within the last year and they only send them to the same place as Germany would. There's a link to the process somewhere here on the forum, but it's a link to the old website. I'll look up the contact number on an old invoice for the service and PM it to you if you like?

You have to consider that the risk of shipping across customs borders, for me in the UK as an example, is an additional ~22% of the value of the glasses (plus shipping costs, rather insultingly) to get the glasses back.

Through no fault of The X-Man and none of the owner, for some of my most expensive pairs that would make the transaction ~$250 more expensive and that gives pause for thought.

I don't know if German import duty is based on MWSt the same way as the UK's is based on VAT but the consideration is the same.

@Harrito , Oakley UK have still been doing tune ups within the last year and they only send them to the same place as Germany would. There's a link to the process somewhere here on the forum, but it's a link to the old website. I'll look up the contact number on an old invoice for the service and PM it to you if you like?
:shock: those prices are outrageous! I would be tempted to greatly decrease the value I list of the glasses... Hopefully you guys can find a local solution. Maybe X-Man needs a European branch? lol

:shock: those prices are outrageous! I would be tempted to greatly decrease the value I list of the glasses... Hopefully you guys can find a local solution. Maybe X-Man needs a European branch? lol
That could invalidate the insurance if the postal services manage to lose them; damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yeah, X-Man, it's time to set up the franchising operation :)

I do work for my german brethren all the time.what if i send em back as warranty work,then there would be no tax.

I do work for my german brethren all the time.what if i send em back as warranty work,then there would be no tax.
That works most of the time and get them to send them to you as "Sunglasses for repair". Customs sometimes still take exception though. They like their tax :s

Latest Posts

Back