• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet re-work

That works most of the time and get them to send them to you as "Sunglasses for repair". Customs sometimes still take exception though. They like their tax :s

"What's the $0.18 for?"

"Tax."

"I thought they were supposed to stay on by themselves..."

:D

[sorry, old juvenile joke about a kid buying condoms for the first time...]

That works most of the time and get them to send them to you as "Sunglasses for repair". Customs sometimes still take exception though. They like their tax :s
I do restoration work on vintage watches on the side, and can tell you, you are at the mercy of customs. Maybe about 5% of the time they will just decide to tax the full value. The problem is everyone just lies on customs forms now, so they are basically just picking people at random. Also some countries, I believe the UK is one of them, can tax the "gains" in value of the item. So if it was worth $100 when you sent it, and $400 after restoration, $300 of that would be taxable. I've only had that happen to a customer once though.

VAT = value added tax. Basically it's saying work performed on materials (such as assembling parts into a whole) increases its value and they tax it.

Latest Posts

Back