• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Replacement Lenses

mhentges

Oakley Beginner
Germany
Greetings fellow Oakley enthusiasts,

I'm planning to buy my first X-Metal, namely the Juliet. My ideal frame combo would be
X-Metal / Ice Iridium Polarized (the alternative would be X-Metal / Black Iridium Polarized).

I'm having difficulties locating vendors that are selling the Ice Iridium Polarized replacement lens.
Even oakley.com doesn't offer the full range of lenses I was used to from my Flak Jackets.

Am I missing something here?

Greetings fellow Oakley enthusiasts,

I'm planning to buy my first X-Metal, namely the Juliet. My ideal frame combo would be
X-Metal / Ice Iridium Polarized (the alternative would be X-Metal / Black Iridium Polarized).

I'm having difficulties locating vendors that are selling the Ice Iridium Polarized replacement lens.
Even oakley.com doesn't offer the full range of lenses I was used to from my Flak Jackets.

Am I missing something here?

you might have to go aftermarket, check ebay for juliet lenses, there are a few repute companies out there

Ouch, I see, thank you.
I'd rather not buy non-Oakley lenses and lose the impact protection =(
Maybe I'll buy the Plasma Ice Iridium Polarized and sell the frame? Hmm.

Fire Polarized lenes were also discontinued and is only available on a pre built model. It harder to get my lens i want to customize. Its a good thing is kept my g30, blue irid, vr28, emerald slate and slate lens.

are you quite set on the x-metal/ice combo? im not sure that'll match very well.. the ice lens goes with polished/titanium frame better. oohh. and polished has the awesome hammer stems.

I have the IIP lens in my black Flak Jackets and rather like the look but I'm not 100% set at all.

I tried to order an X-Metal / Black Iridium non-polarized for a really good price today but was told that this item was out of stock.
They then offered me the Carbon / BIP glasses for the same prize so I took the chance. I'll see how I like the carbon frame.

Thanks for your input everyone!

I have the IIP lens in my black Flak Jackets and rather like the look but I'm not 100% set at all.

I tried to order an X-Metal / Black Iridium non-polarized for a really good price today but was told that this item was out of stock.
They then offered me the Carbon / BIP glasses for the same prize so I took the chance. I'll see how I like the carbon frame.

Thanks for your input everyone!

im personally a fan of the x-metal frame because its something different.. its a raw, matt finish. but the carbons look nice, congrats dude! photos when they come in!

Keep your eyes open for blue iridium lenses, when compared to the ice lenses they are more rich in color. If you have an oportunity to purchase them, they are awesome.... Pix dont do them justice... I have had a pair for a long time, kept them packed away as the color is discontinued....

My Juliet finally arrived two days ago and damn it's gorgeous.
The Carbon frame looks way better IRL than on any photo that I've seen.

After replacing one of the temple-shocks with the bigger version,
the frame rests a lot better on my face than any frame ever before.

Light slips through from the top and from the sides, but I guess that is to be expected with
many non-sport frames. My Flak Jackets OTOH close perfectly around my eyes.

The Juliet scores in looks and fit, the Flak Jackets in overall comfort.

Thank you for your input, everyone :biggrin:

Back