• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ruby Lens Question

You know your addicted to oakley's when you have to pause a movie just to look at a pair. :)
true enough, ;-)
I just showed my oldest MI2, only the rock climbing Oakley bit, she even asked "what happens in the film?", I had to confess I wasn't that sure but there are 2 more so he's bound to be ok!

OK. Finally got some sun today and tried to get the same angle and distance to get a decent comparison. While it's not perfect circumstances, I think this is a pretty fair example as this is what I see. Upper pic is with my original Ruby lenses (from 1st gen X Metal/Ruby Juliets) and lower is with my new Custom Cut Ruby lenses from InfiniteHero. The newer lenses have much better clarity and detail when looking through them. Anyway, I hope this helps...
image.jpg

image.jpg
I have a friend that customizes Oakley frames and makes lenses. His work is amazing. Best Ive seen. He made me a few pairs of blood red lenses for my pennys. I wear blood red lenses all the time. Gives everything a red tint and I see clearly with them on and zero headaches. By far my favorite lens color.
The left pic is my blood red and the right pic is my polar dark ruby red that my friend made for me.

Factual information ---- The lenses used in the X Man and in Black Hawk Down were coated with a specialized color to where the actors got headaches wearing them and the could barely see out of them.
I understood the problems with headaches were only for James Marsden as Cyclops, as the lenses were mirrored both front and back to give that red. It was the reflections that caused the headaches.

Back