• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ruby Lens Question

It's kind of a bummer. I bought them circa 2011 from my local O store as polished custom. I know the employees pretty well, so when they got the frame in the called me. When they asked what lenses I wanted I told them Ruby red iridium. I went down to pick them up about an hour later, and I always thought they looked a little orange/yellow. I thought that I remembered Ruby Red as a deeper red as shown in the pics in this thread. I always thought they looked more like fire. These were not quite what I expected from a Ruby Red, but the box the lenses came in said Ruby red, so I didn't really think too much about it. Now that I found this thread, it has been really helpful to a noob like me. I think the old school Ruby would have looked much nicer in this frame though. It's a shame.

From everything I've read, the Ruby had changed over the years, slowly evolving from the deep red/purple to the lighter red/orange that you have. While it is disappointing from an appearance point of view, I must say that I personally like the newer Ruby for everyday use. When I find another Carbon frame or reacquire my X Metal frame, those original Ruby lenses will go into those.

It's kind of a bummer. I bought them circa 2011 from my local O store as polished custom. I know the employees pretty well, so when they got the frame in the called me. When they asked what lenses I wanted I told them Ruby red iridium. I went down to pick them up about an hour later, and I always thought they looked a little orange/yellow. I thought that I remembered Ruby Red as a deeper red as shown in the pics in this thread. I always thought they looked more like fire. These were not quite what I expected from a Ruby Red, but the box the lenses came in said Ruby red, so I didn't really think too much about it. Now that I found this thread, it has been really helpful to a noob like me. I think the old school Ruby would have looked much nicer in this frame though. It's a shame.

Don't sweat it too much - there's a lot more frubies out there that purplish rubies. As long as it looks more red than orange, that's a win. Yours have a fair share of red. I've seen worse, pretty much all orange / yellow like old-school fire, with little to no noticeable red.

Don't sweat it too much - there's a lot more frubies out there that purplish rubies. As long as it looks more red than orange, that's a win. Yours have a fair share of red. I've seen worse, pretty much all orange / yellow like old-school fire, with little to no noticeable red.

Well, that's a positive note. Thanks. They seem to be most red in the center and inner parts of the lenses and get more orange/yellow as u look toward the outer edge.

Need more info - SKU 24-116 doesn't exist. If that's a serial number, then each pair would have an unique number.

Assuming they're serialed, at least $450 for that colorway. But need more info; post pics...

I researched another thread and it does show that sku. I cant remember when I bought these but it was over 10 years ago brand new for 400 each. I see a lot of 24-125 that say rare 1st gen. Is mine even earlier? And they are serialized. Can take pics and post later.

View attachment 151326 I have a friend that customizes Oakley frames and makes lenses. His work is amazing. Best Ive seen. He made me a few pairs of blood red lenses for my pennys. I wear blood red lenses all the time. Gives everything a red tint and I see clearly with them on and zero headaches. By far my favorite lens color.
The left pic is my blood red and the right pic is my polar dark ruby red that my friend made for me.
can your friend make me a pair of blood red lenses for penny?

Latest Posts

Back