• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ruby vs. BIP what do I do?

Brian Nickell

I should Work at Oakley
I have both Ruby (not Fruby) and BIP lenses for my gen 1 Juliet complete. They came with standard BI lenses as part of the complete set which I also still have in case I ever decide to sell the set. I find that I like the look of the Ruby much better than the BIP so I'm not sure that I want to keep the BIP lenses. What should I do?

- Keep the original BI lenses in the box (you already are)
- Wear what you like -> the Ruby most of the time
- Change to the BIPs for those extra bright and sunny days! (BIPs are often underrated, they are very useful lenses that will work with just about any frame)

I thought about selling them to fund some other frames that I want but I think I might hold onto them. Thanks @MJLSr for your suggestion. I'm eager to hear what other forum members have to say too before I make my final decision.

Ditto what MJ said.

Or sell BIPs and buy another set of ruby as back up.

I'm more into lenses that give out more contrast than BIPs, but I keep them around.

I keep 1-5 copies of each lens I like. They don't go bad.

I just picked up a pair of BiP for $60.

Personally I would be patient and pull the trigger on a good deal/beater pair and save the lenses for that frame. Having two frames serve two different utilities is always better than one.

Yeah I'd hang on to all of them. Juliets will last a long time, but fashions change - colored lenses are popular now, but sooner or later they'll fall out of fashion and BIP-type lenses will be the standard again...

And then even further down the road, colored lenses will make another comeback...

Sounds to me like keeping them is the way to go! Thanks guys for the input. I'll do some fishing this year hopefully so the BIP will be great for that.

Personally I would be patient and pull the trigger on a good deal/beater pair and save the lenses for that frame. Having two frames serve two different utilities is always better than one.

I did this, but I find I need a fourth and fifth pair since I have ice, VR28 and Tungsten irridium in the mix as well...

Back